Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I could have bought a new coin, but...

I bought this today:

Thats a Jet 12" jointer/planer, 500 pounds of cast iron and steel with sharp blades. I feel very manly now, even though it took four men and a Schnauzer to get it off the back of the truck and into the garage.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I am sort of jealous of that purchase. I can think of some projects I could use that for.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm! A power slab opener.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    MS65 CAC
  • Options
    Oak, Walnut and Cedar are all available raw here for a very reasonable price, I don't suppose you have access to a kiln as well do you? I need to build a new aquarium stand! It needs to hold about 1700 pounds of weight including some pirate treasure. I am suffering from tool jealousy right now...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options

A Giant Schnauzer, we hope!

I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    "Don't eat the Schnitzel, they're using Schnauzer...."
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately we used a miniature schnauzer, he wasn't much help.

I went out to the garage to make some wood chips and man it does a great job, getting enough wood to feed it is going to be a problem though. My uncle in NC has offered me 1200 board feet of rough walnut, just need to find a week or two when I can load up a trailer and go get it. But anyone in the Houston area is welcome to drop by and make some sawdust, it will plane 8" high by 12" wide boards, we could make a fish tank with that.

So then I bought a coin to celebrate it working so well, sellers pics. 1711, 1 1/4 Silver Ducat celebrating Karl (Charles) VI, election as Holy Roman Emperor and King of a whole bunch of places, in NGC 62.