Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Needs your opinion, Please.......

I finally get around getting my website together and I am asking your honest opinion. Here it is. http://www.bill-jetblack.com/
jetblack740il

==================================

Complete US-PHIL Coins for Sale, Circulation Strikes 1903-1945

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to use website, the only thing I didn't like was the lack of prices on the coins for sale in the Inventory for Sale section.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I like it a lot, Bill...very attractive and easy to move around, for now.

Caught myself thinking that photo on the front page must be you, but then I realized it's paper money.

One thing to consider as your inventory expands...or perhaps I should say if it expands.
    Rather than make the potential customer scroll down that long, long page and look at everything
    you've got, why not outlink from your main inventory page to sub-pages by denomination ,, or by
    some other logical sort? Then each page is shorter and more quickly and easily negotiated.

Great look and feel, overall! Did you do it yourself?

Best ~
    Tom

P.S. I guess the Bimmer's no secret, huh?
    I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.
  • Options
    I have added the prices and still in the process of rebuilding it for better and easier to browse. I was originally doing it that way but I thought it will be waste of page if I don't have anything to sell. Taking in consideration for all who commented, please review it again and tell me if this is any better. I used the 1/2 centavo for the model.

<< <i>Caught myself thinking that photo on the front page must be you, but then I realized it's paper money >>

Don't I wish!image

<< <i>Great look and feel, overall! Did you do it yourself? >>

Thanks, yes i did it myself, its easy to use website, just plug and play.
    jetblack740il

• Options
    The home page looks great, but when I went to have a look at one of the links, I think it was personal collection, I was asked to "sign in". That's when I'm done looking. Just one of my personal annoyances, when I'm browsing a website, simply to see interesting things or to see what's out there for sale and I have to sign in or create an account, that's when I go to another website. It's kind of like Radio Shack asking what my phone number is when I just want to buy some batteries.

Otherwise, the part I saw looked good.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    I concur with having to sign in to a website to browse. What does it REALLY gain you by requiring it and perhaps lose you in the long run. I can sign in as Micky Mouse and what does that gain you, just a pet peeve as well.

Now I am going to pick on your home page but first it is fantastic looking. You need to proof read the info you present and make sure it is correct for instance

<< <i>by all major third grading >>

Don't you mean three

<< <i>I have been collecting of US-Philippine >>

Don't you mean COLLECTOR

<< <i>permits. >>

perhaps permit????

<< <i>I have limited >>

insert and a between have/limit

<< <i>interested of browsing >>

take out of and insert IN.

Make your written info as PERFECT as your homepage is. FANTASTIC is all I can say!
  • Options

<< <i>I concur with having to sign in to a website to browse. >>

You got that right! It's a HUGE turnoff.

<< <i>by all major third grading >>

<< <i>Don't you mean three >>

Actually I think you mean "third party".

My guess is that English is not your first language, so perhaps you should get a native English speaking friend to review your text for fine tuning the language. I always ask the Beautiful Bride to review anything I write in Japanese for grammar and word selection.
    Roy

• Options

<< <i>The home page looks great, but when I went to have a look at one of the links, I think it was personal collection, I was asked to "sign in". That's when I'm done looking. Just one of my personal annoyances, when I'm browsing a website, simply to see interesting things or to see what's out there for sale and I have to sign in or create an account, that's when I go to another website. It's kind of like Radio Shack asking what my phone number is when I just want to buy some batteries. >>

I am still in the process of putting it together thats why i had set up that way. This will be fixed soon.

The grammar will also be fixed with everyone's input.

<< <i>My guess is that English is not your first language, so perhaps you should get a native English speaking friend to review your text for fine tuning the language. I always ask the Beautiful Bride to review anything I write in Japanese for grammar and word selection. >>

You are absolutely correct and I'm glad that you guys are correcting it. This is the great place to ask everyone's input to make it look better. Any additional comments whether it is positive or negative will be appreciated.
    jetblack740il

• Options
    We all have kind of picked on you but make no mistake your site is awesome. A bit of jealousy here. image
  • Options
    My intitial impression is "great"! Of course, I am a fellow US-PI collector, so I could be biased. In any case, I have bookmarked it for the time when my finances are more liquid. image
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭
    Very nice looking website. But you really should avoid the "members only" areas, because many people wouldn't like to register just to browse around.
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    I could not decide which format to use for my personal collection page, so I added 3 to choose from below with the link. Your opinion is really appreciated.
    1/2 Centavo
    1 Centavo
    1 Peso
    jetblack740il

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wowza - this is a nice coin:

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    goossengoossen Posts: 492 ✭✭

<< <i>I could not decide which format to use for my personal collection page, so I added 3 to choose from below with the link. Your opinion is really appreciated.
    1/2 Centavo
    1 Centavo
    1 Peso >>

I would go with the "1 Peso" one.
    My coins with pictures: http://www.paraguaycoins.com/
  • Options
    I also would go with the Peso representation.

On a side note, I bet only collectors of this series will recognize the 1912s in that condition is harder to find than the 1904(p), even though the 1904 is so close to pristine and only had a mintage of 10,000 coins, versus the 1912s mintage of 680,000. Not that I can afford it right now, but how much are you asking?
  • Options

<< <i>On a side note, I bet only collectors of this series will recognize the 1912s in that condition is harder to find than the 1904(p), even though the 1904 is so close to pristine and only had a mintage of 10,000 coins, versus the 1912s mintage of 680,000. Not that I can afford it right now, but how much are you asking? >>

These coins belong to my personal collection and I am just using it for the format comparison.
    jetblack740il

• Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Hey, I found a coin like you have on your site. My photography sucks compared to yours, but the coin design is cool!

• Options
    USAROKUSAROK Posts: 887 ✭✭✭
    I'd go with the 1 Centavo format for your personal collection and the 1 Peso format for your inventory.
  • Options
    It is a very nice site indeed. But the main banner of the bridge in the night city light kinda takes away of what the site is about. Maybe use a banner more about coins and paper money is my opinion.
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    LOL! By the time you make the changes everyone wants it will not be your own! -Dan