Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

2009 Trick or Treat/ Halloween Coin Swap pairings set - See post #15

If anyone would like to take part in a proposed Halloween "Trick or Treat" Coin Swap, please sign up now!!

Those that are veteran swappers already know the drill and only need to sign up, however -

for newcomers, to be considered you need to PM me with the following information (subject to verification & approval):

Rest assured that ALL SWAPPERS' INFO is printed out & kept in your own personal folder - and is kept private unless
occassion arises that it need be made Public. Most of the time this does not take place but we do take peoples' posessions
quite seriousl here.

Full Name -
Address
Home & Work Phone (cell # if applicable)
working email address (preferably the same one registered with PCGS IF you are registered here)

Areas of interest, Numismatically speaking, of course.

Please be advised that these swaps are all about FUN and Fair Play. We try to keep things simple.

Unless you know people here (references) and or have had dealings with members here, I personally will
place a limit on how much you are good for as basically everyone is taken at their "Word"!

The actual swap process is all about communication and fairness. This IS NOT about dumping your undesirables
on your partner(s) hoping to come away with the good stuff. It's really between you & your assigned swap mate
when it comes down to an agreeable dollar amount. AGAIN - it's all about communication & fair play.

If, for instance, someone expresses the desire to take part yet no one know you - the decision to allow you to
take part is up to me and whether or not you comply with the required verifiable contact info - AND HERE'S WHY!

Not everyone that posts here is a PCGS Collectors Club Member. We cannot permit unknowns to just walk in off
the street, sign up for a swap, make off with coins - never to be heard from again! This is RARE but has happened.
THIS ALSO IS VERY MUCH AGAINST THE LAW -- otherwise known as Theft of Goods crossing State boundaries and
thereby, a Federal Offense NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

There MAY BE Security measures sactioned against unknown newcomers till they prove themselves!

The remedy for this is simply as follows. Consider such a situation as a probationary period. As such, at my discretion,
IF you have no reference - if no one knows of you etc, YOU WILL BE MADE TO SEND PCGS/NGC certified coins TO ME,
to be held in an Escrow account, returnable to you once you have proven yourself. God! I hate all this Red Tape but
it IS important. Once you have proven yourselves to be fair, ethical swappers - your coins will be returned to you.

Swaps may be for agreed upon amounts using mutuall agred upon price sourcing. The simplest form of swapping is
to do a $50-$100 "Surprise Swap" however, IN ALL INSTANCES:

All swappers are to post date of shipment along with Delivery Confirmation numbers (USPS Insurance is strongly encouraged)
but DC #s are MANDATORY, for obvious reasons. If anyone has any questions, PM me or post them h ere where any of the
Regular elder swappers can address them.

It's not Rocket Science or Nuclear Physics. Keep it simple - communicate - and remember to post when you've received your pkgs
BUT - UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you free to do ANYTHING with what you receive UNTIL YOUR RESPECTIVE SWAP MATES
1) receive their pacakges and 2) till BOTH OF YOU POST (after communicating) that you are BOTH SATISFIED - if you are. Issues
should be worked out between respective swap partners. If neither is content and there is no way for MUTUAL SATISFACTION by
sending MORE - if necessary .... then you are to send each others' merchandise BACK!

This sounds a helluva lot more difficult than actually IS but all the bases DO NEED to be covered. It's really a matter of ethics &
COMMON SENSE, OK.

So - without further adieu, with all this being said, if you wish to take part in what SHOULD BE a very simple coin swap,
Please sign up below.

Thank you.

BOOM ~ image

Comments

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    ritchiewan has sent the required info and is hereby approved,
    I will advise him to post here for head count.image
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I guess this means we're up to 3? image
  • Please count me in.

Danke

Ritchie
    What will kill a thread faster than a reply from Ritchie?
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    IN!

TC71
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • I can join in but...

All my certified coins are out in my tag. I have some proof sets, few mint sets, some other RAW stuff. But All my best is out right now.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
    Come on in & have some fun.

The best swaps are still the $50-$100 "Surprise swaps".

Everyone signed in so far is APPROVED. image
    PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP.

TIME IS SHORT!!

THANK YOU.image
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Trick or treat - smell my feet - give me a new coin as a treat!

May I be in?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    OK ......... Great!

What .... we now at 8?

When we cut it later tonight,

everything will be just right.

Anybody else? image
    Official signup will end at 12:00 Midnight Pacific Time.

Paiirings will be made tonight and listed by morning.

If you'd like to take part, please sign up now. image
    The following are the pairings for the 2009 Halloween "Trick or Treat" Coin Swap!

Boom swaps with ritchiewan

TC71 swaps with claychaser

Aija swaps with LonelyP

Musky1011 swaps with Michael Dixon

OK guys, everyone knows the drill.
    Communicate, keep it simple & fair
    & remember to post as we usual.

Good Luck to all & Happy Halloween.

Let's get this one done so we can start on
    our Thanksgiving & Christmas swaps.

Any issues, let me know ASAP. image
    PM sent to michael dixon

Contacted TC71 - he thinks my 80-O PL Morgan is modern crap! imageimage

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

<< <i>Contacted TC71 - he thinks my 80-O PL Morgan is modern crap! imageimage >>

Well isn't it?????????

<< <i>Contacted TC71 - he thinks my 80-O PL Morgan is modern crap! imageimage >>

Hee Hee!

JB Wants my GOLD!

TC71

*Update*
    Contact made. Negotiations underway.

It's all good. imageimage
  • Sorry,
    I held my update a bit. Ajia and I have been talking. and will be doing a "suprize me".

I haven't picked or packed yet. image

I'm tired!, and hungry.

PZ
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

TC71 and I cut a deal - 2 more "holes" filled for my 20th century registry set.

<< <i>TC71 and I cut a deal - 2 more "holes" filled for my 20th century registry set. >>

TC71
    TC and I both shipped. Both of the paqckages are probably over Texas right now.

Thanks for the updates.

Ritchiewan & I are working on it.

It's all good here.

Happy Halloween kiddoes. image
  • I've made a selection I think will suprize Ajia.

Will try to get it mailed tomorrow, Monday for sure.

PZ

Hey guys,
    I've been crazy busy but Ritchiewan and I have come to terms and will ship
    tomorrow at which time we both will post our respective Del Conf #s.

Y'all be good and if ya can't be, then Be Careful! image
    TC71 and I both got our respective coins. Chalk up another couple of registry set notches, and a cool chop marked British Trade Dollar for the counterstamp collection.

• My swap package shipped today.

DC#s 0309 0330 0001 7275 6955

I'll be shipping out today using DC# 0307 0020 0003 3154 3805.
    I got my swap for ClayChaser as well a nice 1959-D 25c MS64. 1993-W S50c Madison $1, and a 2006-S SF Old Mint PCGS PR67CAM!

Thanks JB!

TC71
  • I have also sent my package out to Boom this afternoon. Tracking number to follow this evening.

/edit - UPS Tracking number - 1Z6677330361744134

Thank you

Ritchie
  • Got a phone call from my wife telling me my swap arrived this morning. :-)

Damnit, I'm outta town and have to wait till tomorrow night to see what Boom sent me.

Just wanted to let all know that it had arrived.

Thanks Boom!
    I just opened my package which came this afternoon.

I LIKE!

PM sent - let me know how you feel about what was sent, OK?

All the best,

BOOM

PS - I'll photograph what arrived a little later and just might show them off.

Nice (Different, but that's the spice of Life.) image
  • Ok, 2 painfully long days waiting and I was able to finally get home and open my trade package. Unfortunately, pictures will be awhile in coming but I will try to describe the great package Boom sent me.

Included in the swap was:
    a 1926 SLQ which I haven't had an opportunity to more than glance at (reason to follow)
    a Blast white 81-S Morgan with nice obv. mirror fields and a clean cheek in a PC MS64
    et pour le piece de resistance (/insert drum roll)
    an 1834 EF40 Capped Bust Half O-107 in an ANACS slab. This is about as natural in color and as perfect in detail as you could possibly want in a circulated half and a wonderful addition to my collection.

I have to extend great thanks to Boom for the wonderful patient trade partner he has been.

Sir, it has been a great pleasure.

Ritchie

/edit - Does spelling really count?
    I am very happy, both ways.

Thanks Ritchiewan.

Swap hereby declared mutually satisfying. image
    After a little "mix-up"
    coins sent to M. Dixon

Recieved to nice halfs
    1948 D ms64 FBL
    Columbus Commem

Thnx

• I,
    Got my package from Augie. I'm ready to call it done if he is. image

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys for the long delay.......lng days here at work as we're doing the 're-org'!!
    In fact still at work, and looking to get home at about 9pm tonight.

I am happy with the 'surprise' trade with Paul.
    Thanks Paul.

Thanks Boom.

Maybe after Nov. (should hear something from the courts by then), things will get better.

Actually, hope I have more time soon for the 'Virtual Tag' I'm running!!