Will this SGC 96 Cross over to a PSA 9?

1956 Duke Snider SGC 96

What do yall think?

Comments

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    magic 8 ball says prospects are good
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Might, but not a slam dunk.

I would NOT crack it out to send it to PSA.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Handy ... looks like it has a great shot ... if you are the one who paid $1,100+ for it ... I HOPE it does for your sake!!! GOOD LUCK!
    Edited to add: Does PSA take off for those two black dots on the top border? (Or are they on the scanner?)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I overpaid but I just loved the centering on this card. I think it will cross and Im going to keep it for myself. What is the VCP for it does anyone know?
  • Maybe in Sweden
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    VCP on SGC is what you paid...VCP on a PSA 9, is around $1,900.....I don't like the black dots in his name.......if they aren't there, then it is an easy 9.....
    On the front? I cant see them?
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    I own that card in an SGC slab - I had that one crossed from PSA.

I would keep it where it is - 1956 Topps look fantastic in black!

and yes, it would cross

edited to add: I did not own that ACTUAL card. I crossed a PSA to an SGC 84
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
    Did you send it to Mile high or did you sell it a while ago?
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>VCP on SGC is what you paid...VCP on a PSA 9, is around $1,900.....I don't like the black dots in his name.......if they aren't there, then it is an easy 9..... >>

are you refering to the two dotted "i" in his name?

Edwin D Snider

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
    Thanks for all the help. Im going to send it in to PSA next week. i just want it in a PSA case. I dont own that many SGC cards and it just wont fit if it is.
    wow...now I dont see the two black dots....maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.......anyway...nice card! Keep it as is....maybe one day everyone will wise up to SGC......
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

• << <i>wow...now I dont see the two black dots....maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.......anyway...nice card! Keep it as is....maybe one day everyone will wise up to SGC...... >>

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭
    The crossover service on high dollar cards is almost non existant. No chance it crosses. You would have to crack it out.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "...You would have to crack it out. .."

////////////////////

I don't disagree, but most folks really don't like
    to bust out $1,100.00 cards on a maybe. Too
    much can/might "go wrong."

If a PSA 8.5 is worth about what the card is in
    the current slab, it might be worth the risk.

It does look pretty in its current slab.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭
    When you factor in all of the costs. It will cost $80 to cross over. $35 for the grading and about $25 for the shipping not to include your $20 to get it there. It's alot of money for a service that basically doesn't exist. Some think I'm being anti PSA when I say things like this but the evidence backs it up-the service is basically only on paper when it comes to high dollar cards. I've only heard a few high dollar cards ever being crossed. If you sent them a high dollar card from GAI you not only would be dissapointed you would be basically laughed at. SGC you are only dissapointed. On a good thought; I'd like to see the card cross so I don't have to keep talking about this service they call crossover for full tier price to give you a 2 letter grade -MG. Sad but trueimage
    Ill be with you on that if they dont cross it. Manly because the prior owner said it already was a PSA 9 before he crossed it to SGC.
    I agree with Mickey on the crossover service being non-existent....basically just a money pad for the coffers...never again will I submit a high dollar card for crossover....burn me once, shame on you.....
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    If that doesn't 9 then nothing should.

"Molon Labe"

Thanks guys. Ill let yall know in about 2 weeks how it does.
    Something to compare to

1956 Mantle PSA 9 same auction