Home Sports Talk
Options

Yankees, ARod, and Angels demons will be exorcised this year

Linda Blair, come out, come out where ever you are. image

ARod has finally gotten the playoff monkey off his back but if Yankee fans remember in 2004 ARod had a big series against the Twins and the first 3 games against the Red Sox were huge. If the Yankees hadn`t choked and lost the next 4 games against the Red Sox, ARod would have been the 2004 ALCS MVP. During the 4 games the Red Sox won in the 2004 ALCS, and all playoff games since then, ARod had been one big choke until now.

My prediction is that the Angels will finally get the Red Sox monkey off their backs and likewise the Yankees will finally beat the Angels in a longer 7 game ALCS as opposed to a shorter 5 game ALDS.

ARod monkey gone.
Angels Red Sox monkey gone.
Yankees Angels monkey gone.
Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......... Yankees win!!!! The Yankees win. image

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    What monkey has been on the Yankees? They just won 3 straight World Series 9 years ago...
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    I agree with the above post. So many folks think that anything but a WS win is a failed season for the Yanks. High expectations are good, but winning one's division or even getting to the playoffs as a wild-card makes a season a good season. By that standard the Yanks have had some very good seasonal campaigns since their last WS title. Of course we all want our team to go all the way every time though. Looking good so far, let's hope this is a year we do take it all.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    How does a franchise with something like 27 WS championships have a "demon" that needs to be exorcised? I think fans of almost all other teams would love to have those "demons."
  • Options
    Hi all, when I said demons I meant based on past history in head to head competition that the Angels are demons to the Yankees as the Red Sox are demons to the Angels. Get it? image I have modified the original post a bit to clarify:

ARod monkey gone.
    Angels Red Sox monkey gone.
    Yankees Angels monkey gone.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    Agreed. The Angels have certainly played several Yankee teams well over the years lately-- bordering on domination, esp in Anaheim. Yet 3 of the last 4 inc 2 of 3 in Anaheim was good. Let's hope as Yankee fans that the other series drags to five and taxes both teams' arms.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed. The Angels have certainly played several Yankee teams well over the years lately-- bordering on domination, esp in Anaheim. Yet 3 of the last 4 inc 2 of 3 in Anaheim was good. Let's hope as Yankee fans that the other series drags to five and taxes both teams' arms. >>

Yeah, I'd say the race between the Twins and Tigers really put the Yankees in a superior position in terms of setting up the rotation and resting the best arms. Still, for those talking about the Angels exorcising a post-season curse against Boston, unlike the Cards and Twins, I thought the Sox still had a chance when down 2-0. Just the same... err, ah...
  • Options
    <<Yet 3 of the last 4 inc 2 of 3 in Anaheim was good>>

This is true. Hopefully a sign of better things to come for us Yankee fans and the end of the Angel demons. Hmmm...Angels....Demons...an oxymoron. image

• Options
    Like that shot of Brady getting mauled.

Yanks-Angels will be a tough one. They are a team of .300 hitters with a nice blend of speed and power. I'm a fan of Bobby A and Hunter. Like the way they play. We took the last series in Anaheim and both teams were playing to win, so that gives us a nice attitude entering the CS-- assuming we take care of business in Minnesota.
  • Options
    Case closed. image