Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1870-S Seated Liberty Quarter VERY RARE

partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
My heart jumped and I almost passed out. Finally one has been found after all these years. Then I clicked the link.
Link
If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?

Comments

  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    He's clearly confused as any collector of Seated material would recognize the obverse as a dime. The size would give it away to the seller.

    Too bad....
    Tom

  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭


    .......i'd have to pass.image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its a half dime..............

    image
    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    It's worth a penny
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

    image
  • Options
    True retail in my opinion would be $30-$50
  • Options
    lathmachlathmach Posts: 4,720 ✭
    Well crap.
    I thought I had the only one there was.

    Ray
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a dime not half dime. You can see the ONE (barely) on the rev.

    I like mine better!image
  • Options
    He has corrected the listing and it is now listed as a dime. However, he has left the price at $449 BIN. Right between VG and F money. I think that if he left it on ebay for 10 years no one would pay that for that horribly damaged coin. Even $50 would be tough to get.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,669 ✭✭✭
    The ultimate example of the word "filler." image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pheww....for a minute there I thought that my 1879-0 VF seated quarter had some competition as being the only unique coin in the series.

    roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Nah, my Extra Fine 1869-CC dime is unique.
    PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file