Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay Bucks + Bing Cashback = morning half cent impulse buy

I got an eBay message this morning, saying that I had en eBay Bucks certificate to spend, so time to do some shopping!

As I saw this listing, I checked and realized that I don't have ANY 1833 half cents in my collection; not even a VG. Yikes.

Time to remedy that. image

Pics below. There's a spot behind the bust; lightening the slab picture in Photoshop to reveal detail doesn't make it out to be too bad. Mark-wise it appears to be very clean. Looks to have a very nice amount of lustre, more than most pieces I see. I'm guessing the color is somewhere between the slab and nonslab pics.

Greysheet = $475
Numismedia Wholesale = $535
Numismedia Retail = $670
PCGS Price Guide = $700
Coin World = $1,000 (YIKES!)

Final cost: $495 BIN - $85.89 eBay Bucks - $39.60 Bing Instant Cashback = $369.51 shipped. Woot.

imageimage

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats on a nice snag for the Half-Cent. Certainly pays to get all those discounts image

I too made an impulse buy this morning to use my eBay Bucks (no cashback though!)
    It's a lower grade, common variety, Bustie, but one which the attribute was more important than anything else. image
    Pics to come once in hand.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too, I bought an impulse buy from Bulgaria, and now don't have to bid in the Lyn Knight auction where it was priced way higher.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for a nice AU Carson City Double Eagle to spend my Ebay bucks and Cashback on. Add in future Ebay bucks @ 2% and 1% rebate on my CC, and I should get 11% back in addition to the Ebay bucks off...
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭✭
    I wondered who bought that so quickly
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    N-n-n-n-n-NICE!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wondered who bought that so quickly >>

Actually, I think that the price was quite reasonable even before the discounts. Those were just icing. image
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin! But you missed the 2% eBates discount......image
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    How do I handle this guys or am I S.O.L.? I purchased a coin on ebay logged in through bing and did the BIN and ebay says I'm eligible for like $43 cashback. I am also in the ebay bucks program so I should have earned around $10 for that. When I go through the payment process it has me go through his checkout system and I paid with paypal as required. After I checkout I go to my ebay bucks page and it says I'm not eligible for ebay bucks because I didn't use paypal when in fact I did. Now Bing doesn't even acknowledge any transaction. I did the BIN because the $43 knocked off made for a decent deal. I'm not too upset and I know the seller has nothing to do with it. Just wondering if there is anything Bing or ebay would do if I contacted them. Thanks

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long has it been since the purchase? sometimes take a few hours to post credit to Bing. Go to "View Order details" for the item. If you were awarded cashback it will show up on that page along with the cashback logo. If not, you didn't receive cashback (SOL). If his payment system was not paypal then you are not eligible for cashback. Best thing to do when using cashback and you end up in a seller's pay system during checkout is to back out, go to My Ebay and hit the Pay Now button (will not work for items that require immediate payment before purchase is credited to you). That should allow you to pay thru paypal, but not sure if some other pay systems will override it.

If you didn't get cashback that just means you have to buy another coin. Bummer.image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

If you didn't get cashback that just means you have to buy another coin. Bummer.image >>

Yeah, I think I'm beat. I would love to have used that $43. image Well, back to shoppin'. image

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file