Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Avoid PCGS Deadbeats!

Just wanted to know that it's been about a month since I purchased a coin from a fellow Forum Member. Alot of members know him as Mademan. He had listed a thread about wanting to get rid of some registry nickels. Some of you tried to pm him.....Good thing you didn't! It's been about a month and I waited patiently for either an answer or refund......I just got some sorry answer about his homelife and the last thing I heard from Don was he said he sent out a money order for my refund....Tough C**p! Regardless of any situation I get in, I never renig when it comes to money....Looks like my patience has finally ended....Here comes the Law! image
Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff

Comments

• BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Jeez.. I am soooooo relieved that I did not send a check, or do a PP pmt. I really wanted his 41-P and 47-D Jeffs for our Birthyear
    mint sets! I asked for them on the 22nd of last month, too.

Oh well...
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    "Mademan?"

How ironic...

Anyways this just goes to show you still need references and/or some sort of name recognition.
  • Glad he never got around to quoting me a tempting price for the whole set. image
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See that the listing that was here is now gone.
    And I really wanted a couple of those nickels that I guess he did not have either.
  • KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
    I emailed him on 9/16/09 letting him know I was interested in seven of his Jeffs but never got a reply.
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Add me to those who inquired.
    He was going to get a price list together.
    Pulled his back around the middle of Sept.
    Was back to putting prices on coins on the 15th, then never heard from him again.

Thought things got too busy for him, or sold the whole lot to someone.
    Sorry to hear someone actually bought a coin & never received it.

BUT......before we hang Don, I know that he was getting the prices, & last I heard from Don was on the 15th.
    Earlycoin, how about some dates?
    If you purchased after the 15th, then waited a week or so, just when did you ask for a refund & when did Dan say he would send you a refund?
    Was it a few days ago?

Yes, no fun when we are refunded money rather than getting the coin we want, but that may be nothing compared to what someone is going through to even contemplate selling coins they have taken years to assemble.

• << <i>If you purchased after the 15th, then waited a week or so, just when did you ask for a refund & when did Dan say he would send you a refund? >>

PM Sent
    Thanks for the concern!
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • Thanks for the heads up. We shall be wary.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
    << If you purchased after the 15th, then waited a week or so, just when did you ask for a refund & when did Dan say he would send you a refund? >>
    PM Sent
    Thanks for the concern!

Replied to your PM, and just came back to see your responses....

Talking about concerned about your fellow board members....
    "....I just got some sorry answer about his homelife and the last thing I heard from Don was he said he sent out a money order for my refund....Tough C**p!"

I am concerned, both for your loss & whatever may be happening with Don.
    And I do you are made whole again soon.
    And I do hope Don gets to a place where things get back to some normalcy.

All I'm saying is life sometimes take a turn for the worst & coins take a back seat....even refunding some money.
    I can say I wouldn't do that now, but until I'm in that situation (which I hope I never am in), I really don't know.

Waiting less than a month (even the Postal Service waits that long to start taking action) to flame someone for something like this is too soon.

JMHO
  • BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

..."this is too soon..."

Jeez... 'Ya think?

• << <i>Waiting less than a month (even the Postal Service waits that long to start taking action) to flame someone for something like this is too soon. >>

I reallly con't mind the wait.....It's just when the communication stops that irks me image just communicate and I can wait along time!

<< <i>"....I just got some sorry answer about his homelife and the last thing I heard from Don was he said he sent out a money order for my refund....Tough C**p!" >>

This is what happens when the communication stops and leaves you thinking. This is what society is lacking!

Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
    Earlycoin, you know I've been there, so I can't blame you.
    Communication is key to any transaction, and a few days without it can seem like a very long time.

If what Don is going through is true, and I'm not the one to say it isn't, it is at least a little more understandable.
    At least to me, probably because I'm on the outside looking in.
    Like I said, I've been there before & know how it feels to not be communicated with.

If it'll make you feel any better, I send you a list of Jefferson's that I would sell you on Don's dime.
    Hopefully there's something I have that you'd like. Not too many great coins, but some nice ones.
    If so, then if Don refunds the money you pay me what we agree to, if he doesn't then the coins are on me.
    Sound fair enough?

• << <i> the coins are on me. >>

What a guy! You don't see that offer anymore...Thanks anyway ajia. I'm kinda over the image mood now and to tell ya the truth, I 'don't know what I wanted that nickel. I'm not collecting them, probally just wanted to have it just because I can.....I'll just wait it out and see what happens...No need to waste my time and energy for a few bucks. I just hope everthing turns out well for Don whatever the situation is.

Thanks again Ajia!
    Have one one me! image
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • This is interesting how the coin market has a "circle of trust" I cannot count how many times I have sent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to someone with a promise they would ship a coin once they receive it. This is an interesting case study in what happen when the trust is violated.
  • I just reread my post maybe I was not clear I understand a few people lost money to this person I am not making light of that I would be upset too. I am just pointing out the inherent trust within the "coin community"