Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The #1 Nolan Ryan Master Set FOR SALE...

Thought I'd make a listing on eBay to see if there's any rich people out there that love Nolan Ryan.

My eBay Listing

If you know anyone that would be interested, please let them know.

Thanks,

Roland
Collecting all Nolan Ryan PSA 10's

Comments

• Options

Lol you were the rich guyimage Great collection!!!!!!
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sale -- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice Master Set. Good luck with your sale.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Rock solid master player collection. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Wish I had the money for that. Good luck on your sale!
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    great set... i see they didnt take the panels out of the set yet, they did on the rose master set...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Drool...
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    Good luck on the sale... such an awesome collection!
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Don't sell it... Thats your lifetime's work. You'll regret it.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Good luck. A lot of money put into it. A lot of time and effort too. Quite the set.
    I collect PSA graded 1980-81 Basketball.

Successful transactions with bouwob, lifeshouldbefun, SDSportsFan, Bkritz, tsalems1, kwtoz, johnny1976, Topps29, Calaban7, nascar20, bking, bedellsonics, Beck6, Dialj, Echocanyon, mdkuom, gosteelers, artimus.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sale!
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't sell it... Thats your lifetime's work. You'll regret it. >>

Not for $135k he won't! There always comes a time to sell, and I may be wrong, but maybe he has it out there for a price that he would be willing to part with it for. With the OBO on there, he can see what someone is really willing to offer for it. Not a bad move. If he really wanted to sell it all, I think he would be better off selling it as singles. There are a LOT more people willing to spend a couple hundred per card, rather than six figures for the whole lot. Good luck either way!
  • Options

jeff

Maybe true. Myself would let it ride as is for about 6 months plenty of texas money around....Word will spread.......
  • Options
    cougar701cougar701 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    Amazing set
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    This sale is better suited for a catalog auction. You're not going to get that kind of money on eBay.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This sale is better suited for a catalog auction. You're not going to get that kind of money on eBay. >>

I'd be very wary of selling it in a catalog, because you'd have absolutely no control over the price. On eBay, you can set a reserve at any level you want. In a catalog auction, the reserve would be anywhere from 1/10th (typical Mastro reserve) to 1/2 of the "correct" value. I guarantee that it would sell in a catalog auction, but you might be extremely disappointed in the final price.

I also agree that you won't get a bidder on eBay for that much money.
  • Options
    Thank you all for responding.

I do have to say I'm just putting it out there to satisfy my wife that I'm trying to sell it. So, if it sells on Ebay or not I really don't care as long as the wife sees that I'm selling it. So, you never know someone might buy it. Then I might be a little sad, but after the house is built, I guarantee you that I will start collecting it again. After all collecting it is worth more than buying it all complete.

Besides, I just love seeing all the watchers and well over 650 views already on the listing. Very fun to watch!!

Roland
    Collecting all Nolan Ryan PSA 10's