Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WTB Mercury Dime Varieties -- last one found -- 1935-S/S FS-501

I started the set in November of 2008; last coin found on October 3, 2010.

I would be happy to upgrade if coins come along, so PM me if you have a coin for me. image

Four members here helped with variety coins. Thanks for the support.

Special thanks to these memebers who helped me with coins for my set (4 out of 23 is almost 20%):
Mercunum
Greencopper
Irish Mike
Blu62vette

Also thanks to all that helped with looking and pointing coins out for me to look at.

Some were Cherrypicked, some were purchased as the varieties, and the first two coins were pulled from my bulk dimes. image

Thanks,

Tony

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

Comments

• Options
    I just sent a nice 1941-S FS-502 off to PCGS/Teletrade. I think it will grade either 64 or 65 and has very attractive rainbow tone.

It will likely be 8-10 weeks B4 it gets graded and scheduled for an auction.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. I'll watch for it.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    A little bump. I'm still looking.

Thanks!

Tony

• Options
    Now that Christmas is over maybe I can focus on these again.

I still need the coins on my list. I am just as happy with circulated coins as uncirc, so if you have them to offer please feel free to PM me.

WTB mercury Dime Cherrypickers Varieties (the pages listed are from the Fouth Edition, Volume II.

1935-S RPM FS-501 (10c-010.5) Coneca RPM 2 (page 60 Vol II, top of page)
    1936-S Possible over date 1936/29-S FS-110 (page 61 Vol II)
    1939-D/D RPM FS-501 Coneca RPM 1-O-II (page 63 Vol II, bottom of page)
    1941 DDO FS-101 Coneca 2-O-IV+VIII (page 64, Vol II, bottom of page)
    1941-S DDR FS-801 Coneca 1-R-II (page 67, bottom of page)
    1945-D over Horizontal D FS-506 Coneca RPM 6 (page 72, bottom of page)
    1945-S over Horizontal S FS-503 Coneca RPM 3 (page 73, top of page)

• Options
    I have a near complete XF-Unc. album set of Mercs. I'll go through them and see if I find anything.
  • Options
    I'm still looking. If anyone has something please send me a PM.

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    I have 44d d/d pcgs coins for sale..as soon as I can figure what to charge,
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    Thanks, Larry, but I have that one.

• Options

Update. I have this one thanks to blue62vette: 1945-S over Horizontal S FS-503 Coneca RPM 3

• Options
    Not sure if you need this one, but heres a Merc variety
  • Options
    Thanks.

• Options
    Anytime! Its hard trying to find everything ones looking for, and all of us here help out when need be,

• Options
    Do you have an interest in a 1941-D DDO/DDR PCGS66FSB white Mercury Dime? This coin is the Cherrypicker's DDO-DDR FS-10-1941D-101 with dramatic obverse doubling on In God We Trust and the date with reverse doubling as well. Please let me know!

Thanks-
    Timothy Guest
    Member, Illinois Numismatic Association
  • Options
    Thomas,

Thanks, but I have that one. Dimeman would be interested. Turn on your PM (private message fuction).

Tony

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

442g4 - Please PM me about your DDO/DDR dime.

Jon
  • Options
    Still need five. Any grade is okay if it is the variety in the list in the first post.

• Options
    Its been a while, so back to the top. I did get my 1941 DDO from the show in Milwaukee in the past few days!

• Options
    WooHooo! Another 1936-S/1929 good enough for my set!

Still looking for three.

• Options
    Picked up the 1945-D/Horizontal D.

Ony one left. Help me if you can.

Thanks,

Tony

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Picked up the 1945-D/Horizontal D.

Thanks,

Tony >>

Congrats Tony! What grade did you find the D/Horiz D in?

Funny thing about that 35-S RPM FS-501....I have never seen one for sale anywhere and the CPG only lists it as $95 in MS63 in the book, back in 2006. It lists many other coins with higher dollar amounts attached to them due to demand and scarcity....based on this I would think this coin could be found. The books are not always right about the easiest to find items....a lot of different things come into play. At the pace you have gone the past few months I am sure it is just a matter of a little more time and you will have yourself the final one. If I find one and cannot afford it, you will be the first person I tell. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Picked up the 1945-D/Horizontal D.

Thanks,

Tony >>

Congrats Tony! What grade did you find the D/Horiz D in?

Funny thing about that 35-S RPM FS-501....I have never seen one for sale anywhere and the CPG only lists it as $95 in MS63 in the book, back in 2006. It lists many other coins with higher dollar amounts attached to them due to demand and scarcity....based on this I would think this coin could be found. The books are not always right about the easiest to find items....a lot of different things come into play. At the pace you have gone the past few months I am sure it is just a matter of a little more time and you will have yourself the final one. If I find one and cannot afford it, you will be the first person I tell. image >>

Picked up from L&C, they said VF (the coin is raw). As far as the 1935-S/S Jon showed me the one he has when I met him in Milwaukee at Central States.

As far as the price guide goes. There simply isn't an accurate one out there. Some of the more common coins seem to have higher prices than some of the coins with little or no pops.

• Options
    The Grade Doesn't Matter a whole lot when you are dealing with a hand full of coins that are known to be in existence...you get what you can! I certainly agree with that. VF is a strong enough coin to show the major details which is good.
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Found one in my old collection, most collectors would call it MS, it has plenty of lustre, I think I see a hint of wear so I would call it an AU slider, mostly white, What's it worth? If it is only around the cherrypickers guide estimate it isn't worth selling I would rather keep it or send it in for getting slabbed.
  • Options
    CNCMAN1970.

Welcome to the message boards!

Edited to add I still need a coin, as the coin cncman had was a different S/S.

• Options
    Send me a PM if you have a 1935-S/S for sale. It is the last one I need to complete my set.

Thanks,

Tony

• Options
    I can't wait for you to find this last coin. It will be an awesome accomplishment and will give me hope. Considering the completion percentage of my set I will need a couple of years, a raise or two and a lot of hope! image

Seeing you complete your set will make me very happy.

Greg
  • Options
    The last two coins are now at PCGS. We will know the grades in about 4 to six weeks.
    1935-S/S
    1945-D/Horizontal D