Home U.S. Coin Forum

The Official CoinFest Attendance Thread™--sign in if you’re going

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
With much fanfare, the CoinFest show is literally days away, to be held in lovely downtown Stamford, CT. As I write these words, gentle readers, I am peering out my window from my undisclosed location and seeing a beautiful Fall day in the Connecticut suburbs. The weather is turning cooler, and the leaves have started to change colors on the trees. It is the perfect time to attend the preeminent coin show in the Northeast Corridor-- CoinFest.

I expect BIG dealers and BIG collectors to attend the show. I even got an email from a certain unmentionable dealer in California, who will be manning the CAC table, and, with a power unseen in recent memory in the numismatic marketplace, will hopefully place a green sticker on your coins, thereby increasing the marketability of such coins.

A frenzy of utmost frothiness is in the offing, and the red carpet will be rolled out for you.

Please sign in to this thread if you plan on attending the show.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• I will relay this message from "The Man"...

"I will be there...and I will be watching you... I am curious to see what you do with all these friends you spend time with while I am paying you to be working"

oh yeah... I also heard a rumor that the illustrious Mrs. Longacre will be in attendance, as well... deciding on how much she will be spending on her next field trip to Tiffany's...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I'm 6'2" & 260#, does that make me a big collector? I'll try to sneak out for a day.
    Paul
  • I am at 312 -- Ritegrade
    ps from the unofficial thread , someone wanted me to PM about
    a helper .I dont have your email , call phone in previous attendance thread
    Home of quality widgets
  • KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

I admit I'm a Project Runway fan. I may go just to have an opportunity to see what designer Mrs. Longacre will be wearing image
  • i hope to be there on friday.

-sm
  • I'll be on 84 this week but not going to the CoinFest, I have an antique show in Virginia so I have to miss the festivities in CT. Have fun everyone, Baltimore is only 6 weeks away!!!!

• ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad these threads keep popping up, because until about an hour ago I thought the show started Thursday.

But actually it's Friday - Sunday, at Table #232.

• earlyAurumearlyAurum Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to go on Saturday late morning. I hope that this will be a good day. Are there any booths/displays of particular interest? As my name indicates, early gold is my kryptonite.
  • rld14rld14 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭
    I will be there. I am 6 foot 2.5 and I will probably be wearing a dress shirt and slacks.

I may wear a Toyota Financial hat because it's so much fun to do so (I was once mistaken for a repoman while wearing it which was VERY amusing).
    Bear's "Growl of Approval" award 10/09 & 3/10 | "YOU SUCK" - PonyExpress8|"F the doctors!" - homerunhall | I hate my car
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I will be in town from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon.

Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I will be in attendance for the entire event at my table and welcome all visitors to stop and say hello!!
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still sick as a dog from the bug I caught at the Philly Whitman show so unless things change rapidly... I'm out image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there Saturday morning, and I'll be attending the Longacre barbecue Saturday afternoon.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I will be there....Will be my first EVER coin show...Saturday for sure, Sunday Maybe. I see on the website that there will be a forum member meeting at 2:30 on Saturday, I hope to find it.

If you see me...Say hello!

I certainly qualify as a Big collector....not big money, just oversized image

Here's my hairy mug...
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If things keep up, I will be shoveling snow instead.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Will try
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there. Getting into town Thursday afternoon and getting back to Maryland on Sunday.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I replied on the unofficial thread yesterday, I'll be there Friday. As usual I'll bring my clipped Lincoln cents and type albums for show & tell.

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • I will be set up there from Fri to Sun. Stop and say hello. Dave

David J Weygant Rare Coins. www.djwcoin.com
    dalias13@hotmail.com
  • I will be there with the wife... WE are making a nice New England Getaway weekend out of the trip up...

Looking for a 23-s AU55+ PCGS graded Walking Liberty Half... If you are at the show and you have one... please let me know... I want it

John
  • I also thought the show started on Thursday. We will be there on Thursday with nothing special to do. If you want a private viewing of our inventory before the show opens on Friday give us a call at 614-203-5249 or 614-325-5713 as we will be just hanging around.
    Eye Appealing Coins
    Table 323
  • SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭
    I'll be there Saturday, and probably Sunday too.
  • jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of it as a 3 day weekend image
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • capecape Posts: 1,621
    Table #331-- don't forget the hot dog!!!image
    ed rodrigues
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Table 220, and I won't be bringing my video camera this time. Much to Pistereen's relief!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Rick, my digital camera can take HD movies image I've got over 100 posted on YouTube, I am subscribed to you (I am ElCaminoBilly on Youtube)
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently in Asia but I may fly in just to see Mr and Mrs Longacre take the stroll down the red carpet..................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday afternoon only.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• orevilleoreville Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am attending all day Saturday.

I will be submitting some coins to PCGS for crossing from NGC, submitting some of Daniel Carr's Ameros to ANACS as well as submitting some Byzantine coins to NGC.

I also will be bring my NGC MS-67 1956 type 2 reverse quarter which I will send to PCGS to grading/proper attribution. I believe PCGS will cross it at MS-66. But I will do it at "any grade."

I wonder of gold will still be at record prices when attending?

So where is this 2:30pm forum members meeting?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Members can meet in Glen III room to chat!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • John
    We will be happy to give a special pre-show discount for any coins we sell on Thursday. If you plan to come beat the rush and save some Bucks!
    Give us a call
    Eye Appealing Coins
    www.eyeappealingcoins

COINFEST IS THE BEST SHOW OF THE YEAR!
  • BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am truly sorry that I shall miss the froth. The weather on the Left Coast is far too nice to leave, and since I can buy (at least according to some members) anything I need on eBay, there is no need to go image
  • njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I will be there the whole show, table 213. Please stop by and say hello.

njcc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I intended to drop in on Friday (as well as Saturday), but I see The Man has disregarded that my schedule was blocked out, and he scheduled a meeting on Friday at 3. image

I am now limited to Saturday with the kids, but it will still be a fun time!
  • ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    We will be setting up at our first CoinFest at Table #233. We anticipate a great show!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Hi,

I'm coming Sat with my two kids, 13 and 16. Are there any attractions in/around Stamford that my kids may be interested in?

John
  • Wonderful and great!
    Stop by our table and let's meet!
    Eye Appealing coins
    The Bruce Muesuem is not too far away... there are many interesting exhibits there including:
    The major fall-winter 2009 exhibition at the Bruce Museum offers a multi-faceted introduction to alchemy -- from ancient times through its flourishing in the 16th and 17th centuries, exploring the science and art it inspired. Alchemy: Magic, Myth or Science? is organized by the Bruce Museum as an interdisciplinary show describing the history and significance of alchemy, the precursor to modern chemistry, through artworks and artifacts.

on the lighter side....
    The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is awesome!

and if you have never been to a Stew Leonards... send the wife and kids to food shop LOL
    100 Westport Avenue
    Norwalk, CT 06851

If the weather is nice you can sit outside at the Crabshell Restaurant overlooking the water
    203-967-7229
    46 Southfield Ave Stamford, CT 6902

• Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    i will be there saturday
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to trek down there from Central Connecticut on Saturday for the Albanese talk, and will likely hang around until mid-afternoon.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Also attending Sat. from central CT ..... May take a few items to CAC...
    Whit
  • DonWillisDonWillis Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    PCGS will be accepting coins for grading back at our offices. Stop by and say hi.

Don't forget we have a Crossover special going on through October. Drop your coins off at Coinfest and save on shipping.
  • seanqseanq Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS will be accepting coins for grading back at our offices. Stop by and say hi.

Don't forget we have a Crossover special going on through October. Drop your coins off at Coinfest and save on shipping. >>

I don't think anyone who is reading the forums lately has forgotten about the crossover special image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Bruce Muesuem is not too far away... there are many interesting exhibits there including:
    The major fall-winter 2009 exhibition at the Bruce Museum offers a multi-faceted introduction to alchemy -- from ancient times through its flourishing in the 16th and 17th centuries, exploring the science and art it inspired. Alchemy: Magic, Myth or Science? is organized by the Bruce Museum as an interdisciplinary show describing the history and significance of alchemy, the precursor to modern chemistry, through artworks and artifacts.

on the lighter side....
    The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk is awesome!

and if you have never been to a Stew Leonards... send the wife and kids to food shop LOL
    100 Westport Avenue
    Norwalk, CT 06851

If the weather is nice you can sit outside at the Crabshell Restaurant overlooking the water
    203-967-7229
    46 Southfield Ave Stamford, CT 6902 >>

Had dinner tonight at the Crab Shell Restaurant. The New England crab soup was excellent as was the stuffed fillet of sole. The only problem I noticed was that there was more staff than people eating. When I was there (around 7 on a Thursday), there were only 3 tables with people. There was no problem selecting a table or booth.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
    Hi Cliff, its the summer hang out place with live music etc.. now that fall is here... its just good view and food without the huge crowds... it was good seeing you yesterday... see ya more at the show!
  • BithrateBithrate Posts: 555 ✭✭
    I'll be there on Saturday for a few hours. Looking forward to it!
  • Sorry, replied to wrong thread.image
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will anyone be tweeting from the show? image
  • LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Will anyone be tweeting from the show? image >>

Longacre doesn't Tweet™. image

Leave a Comment