Home Sports Talk
Options

Michael Jordan's new home in Florida...

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
is over 30,000 sq ft and costs over $7m.

Click for Story

Some people have too much money! And then there's me! I still pick change up from the ground. image
Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    Check out Jeter's house that they mention in the article. THREE lots on Davis Island in South Tampa.....ridiculous.

LINK
  • Options
    Incredible!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I'll take this 26,700 square foot house in La Jolla, California any day.

/s/ JackWESQ

• Options
    Jack,
    That's a beautiful Red X house!
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    That house is dedicated to Jordan's HS coach, the guy who replaced MJ on the HS team, and Byron Russell.
  • Options
    I saw a commercial by will ferrel basically attacking Insurance executives because "they make too much money, have private zoos in their backyards, etc"

The highest paid Insurance executive makes $12 million a year. So it's not ok for business and working people to make money but It's OK for will ferrel to make $20mm per movie, it's OK of TV actors to make $1mm per episode, Jay Z and Oprah can make $150mm+ and sports people can make $20mm+ ..... Those greedy busines people.

You can't go to a movie with the family for under $50, can't go to football game with the family without spending $250 but that's all ok. Just don't let a business person make a dollar, that's greed.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    That house is dedicated to Jordan's HS coach, the guy who replaced MJ on the HS team, and Byron Russell.

It's probably triple the size of all 3 of their homes put together! Maybe he'll have a house warming and mention them by name like in his HOF speech.
  • Options

<< <i>can't go to football game with the family without spending $250 but that's all ok >>

That's if you happen to live close to an NFL city.
  • Options
    I can't believe he didn't call me for a bid!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Picked this up on the way to class this morning and I remembered this thread.

It says Jeter's home is 30,875 sq ft......George Steinbrenner's Tampa home is 13,712 sq ft...... the local supermarket he'll live near by is 26,236 sq ft...... and his current home is JUST 5,000 sq ft. Insane.

• Options
    WOW! Great shot of the house!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

The house that Marvin Miller and George Steinbrenner built.... image
  • Options
    I have no problem when a man makes an honest buck. It tees me off though, when the earnings are taxpayer subsidized as in the case of MLB.
    SOCIALIZED MEDICINE: The wealthiest class treats the lowest class and sends the bill to the middle class.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be nice to have money and also to be able to afford T206 Wagners and chit like that. LOL
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Some people have too much money! >>

I had a pretty sweet rant typed but realized it became too political.

I'll say it's not like he maliciously defrauded investors, he earned his wealth the American way. Through hard work, determination, developing into the best at his profession, and being an entrepreneur (or at least hired a brilliant marketing manager).
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts