Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question: Are the CAC bids for CAC stickered coins the same for NGC and PCGS coins of the same assi

ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
And if they are not, then why not?

Comments

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is they are, and that's kind of the point.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    Im staying out of this image

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Almost always they are the same.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Almost always they are the same. >>

WTCG, is that based on your observations of the actual CAC bids?
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My understanding is they are, and that's kind of the point. >>

That was my understanding, as well.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what does "the market" think?
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
  • Options
    If there is such an animal - where are the CAC Bids posted? Show me the money!

What I have seen on the bourse is buyers offering what they would normally pay for a coin be it a derivative of greysheet or bluesheet bid and then adding $10 (Cac cost) to their offer. Of course when it times to price the coin, they will add a lot more than $10 for the CAC premium portion LOL.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    If the coin is in a CAC holder on something common like an 1880 S Morgan, I would not care if it was NGC or PCGS. I would know the coin is solid for the grade.

For my Walker short set, I am now ONLY buying CAC coins. I have found too many MS65 coins in PCGS 66 holders.
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    I have to laugh at Ken`s post. The $520 for an Albany PCGS66/CAC stickered coin just flew into my pocket. THANK YOU CAC for making a market for nice coins.
  • Options

<< <i>I have to laugh at Ken`s post. The $520 for an Albany PCGS66/CAC stickered coin just flew into my pocket. THANK YOU CAC for making a market for nice coins. >>

Well, woop-dee-doo!! Keep supporting the money makers and when you end up losing your ass, I'll be here to support your frustrations.
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Ah, you got that WRONG Ken. They are high buyers of CAC coins and I won`t be the loser and will never need your support. Did you figure out how to submit your coins to CAC yet?
  • Options

<< <i>Ah, you got that WRONG Ken. They are high buyers of CAC coins and I won`t be the loser and will never need your support. Did you figure out how to submit your coins to CAC yet? >>

It's coin, as in ONE! No, no way shown on their website, unless you're a member of the ANA, of which I'll never join again.
  • Options

<< <i>It's coin, as in ONE! No, no way shown on their website, unless you're a member of the ANA, of which I'll never join again. >>

If you become a dealer, you won't have to joing the ANA.
  • Options
    +1
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they can be the same on all coins. My experience with NGC MS65 CAC $10 Libs and $5 Libs says this is so. Recently the sell prices on MS65 $10 Libs has been around $5000 PCGS and $4500 NGC. The PCGS coin was trading closer to cdn bid and the NGC coin about 10% back. Trying to find a CAC MS65 PCGS $10 Lib last month for $5000-$5200 would have been difficult...as they weren't around. Yet you could have found some NGC CAC pieces around $4500. That either means they are being discounted for being NGC or for being lower end quality. Either way, the price was lower and I saw the coins. If there were continual CAC bids they would have been shipped out at $4900-$5000+. No one (that I know) in August was selling their CAC PCGS $10 Libs for 10% back of bid...same was true of $10 Indians.

At auction, CAC PCGS coins fetch more than CAC NGC coins on average. Therefore why would they all be bid the same on some sheet? Heritage lists mixed NGC/PCGS buys for CAC $20 Libs and Saints, but not for other denominations.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    If I consider the coins about equal, I would take a PCGS CAC coin over a NGC CAC coin anytime.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file