Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Recent pickup...another low-grade Mantle.

Saw the other thread on low-grade Mantles and thought I'd add my recent purchase....But hey, it IS Mickey...right??!! Not the best by any means but I like it. Kinda neet to think about him being carried around in some youg Yankees fans pocket back in '53 and tacked up on his wall! I'll prob. never be able to afford a '52 so this will do for now.

-Claude

Comments

• Options
    I like it - it has charactor

congrats !
  • Options
    I hope I am not being rude, but how much was that card? Just curious.
  • Options
    Would that be graded a PSA 1 if it's in a PSA holder?

It might be kind of fun to try to put together a PSA 1 registry set or something on a very small vintage set.

And I agree with TheHun, it does have character!
    Collecting: non-sports (celebrities, movies, tv, Batman, Wrestling & Wrestling Divas, & more), and sports (Spurs, Cowboys, Braves and other favorites)

My eBay Store: Chosen Point's Heroic Diversions eBay Store
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Nice card no matter the condition.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    it has been loved for quite some time!! love the pinholes!! definitely on a wall in 1956 i would suppose when he won the triple crown!! Its amazing when you think about it that ANY cards from the 50's exist like this...i know id have torn up my cards if i thought there was no value in keeping them nice.

loth
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    What a great idea. Build a Mantle basic set all PSA 1. You'd have the Mick and even the '51 and '52 would be reasonable priced. Do you think you could assemble it for under 5K?
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    Hi,I love the low grade Mantles,here's a couple more from my collection.

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I remember putting that 53 in the spokes of my bike !
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax