Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    MULLINS5,

You may have better luck working with a distributor/supplier rather than with Topps (or Upper Deck or any other manufacturer) directly. Some companies only deal directly with distributors, I'm not sure about Topps but that may indeed be the case.

If you look around the internet you will see some distributors who may have terms you might agree with. One that I know of offhand is Dave & Adam's Card Store:

Dave & Adam's Card World

They have a lot of stuff, new and old, cards and games, and have pretty favorable shipping terms. I know because I have bought full cases of Heroclix game pieces from them and gotten lots of free shipping.

It may be easier to go with a distributor like that, than approaching Topps or Upper Deck because they probably have VERY high minimum orders when you buy directly from them. Hope that helps a bit.
    Collecting: non-sports (celebrities, movies, tv, Batman, Wrestling & Wrestling Divas, & more), and sports (Spurs, Cowboys, Braves and other favorites)

My eBay Store: Chosen Point's Heroic Diversions eBay Store
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    sounds like a great idea. nothing to lose since you're already established there. I've heard dealing directly with Upper Deck can be a nightmare and you may also have to take what they want you to take along with what you want. Not just the stuff you want to buy from them.

Gibson guitars does that kind of stuff to their dealers too. Can't just carry the cool, popular models, you have to take what they give you along with the cool stuff

Best of luck
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, all the companies only go through distributorships now. It takes a LOAD of money and they hang on to it for 8-10 months before you ever even see your product. Another problem is that the card market goes up and down so quickly that if you dont sell immediately, you will lose a TON of money. The big distributors make that up on the expensive hot products.

On the more common product, often times you can find it cheaper than their cost about 2-4 weeks after release. They all want to dump it cuz no one wants to sit on dead capital.