Home Sports Talk
Options

I know you can't wait so here is the first 2009-2010 NBA thread.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Training camps opened yesterday.

Delante West of the Cavs on media day [Monday] responded to a question about his recent arrest for gun posession by stating that he is "just focusing on basketball". Yesterdy he did not show up for the first day of the Cavs training camp [whether he was execused or not does not matter, it is just funny that the day before he stated he was focusing on basketball].

Lamar Odom of the Lakers is a new husband to none other than Kloe (SP?) Kardashian, she of the reality star famous Kardashian family and Bruce Jenner.

Get ready for 1 month of preseason games (October) 5 and 2/3 months of regular season (Halloween through about April 20, 2010) and about two months of playoffs (about April 21 through June 20, 2010).

Get ready for endless media reports hyping "Kobe" and "Lebron" as the best player(s) ever to have laced up sneakers since MJ.

Get ready for MJ to announce that at close to 50 years of age he is "unretiring" and coming back to play in the NBA again, just because he still burns with competitive fire and because he is getting "no love" from the public since his HOF acceptance speech (diatribe).

Give me a shout out brother because the NBA is backimage

Then again, wake me up when the playoffs startimage

Comments

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Lakers vs. Cavs Finals.

Kobe vs Lebron and .............Kobe vs. Shaq in the race to five rings!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Me thinks the league; TV, Radio, Internet and Print media; and the advertisers who spend dollars on ads played during NBA games would all sell the souls and their first born children to see a Lakers v. Cavs final.

It would be interesting to see Kobe v. LeBron in a 7 games finals match up where they each played 48 minutes per game and guarded each other the entire game.
  • Options
    I actually started a thread a few weeks ago stating Iverson was going to Memphis....but I think only one person responded!!!! image I don't care....after watching since I was 6 years old....I still "LOVE THIS GAME!" image
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Actually I had started the "The Official LA Lakers 2009-2010 run for a Repeat NBA Championship thread" back in June, which was before the 2008/2009 season was over....

You should have started a thread called, "The Official Who will lose to the Lakers in the Finals 2009/2010 NBA Thread."

Link to the 2009/2010 Lakers Championship Thread

Brian
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Huge NBA fan here too. October is my favorite time of year. Weather cooling off, Halloween and NBA Fantasy drafts!!

I'm sorry to see that a lot of people who call themselves NBA fans couldn't possibly care less about the regular season.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I think my King's are looking good this year... I think they may even exceed last year's 17 wins!
  • Options

<< <i>I think my King's are looking good this year... I think they may even exceed last year's 17 wins! >>

I hope so...they were almost unwatchable last year! image
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    The WNBA is better.

Expect Layups!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options

<< <i>I think my King's are looking good this year... I think they may even exceed last year's 17 wins! >>

I would love Spencer Hawes to have a big breakout year. Tyreke Evans should also be exciting to watch.
  • Options
    Even though others may have posted NBA threads before I posted this one yesterday, I am still calling mine the "First" thread on the 2009-10 NBA season,.......................... just because.

I actually like the NBA regular season, though it is quite long. Two months of playoffs after the regular season ends is also too much. To me basketball should have the NBA championship series finished by the end of April or the first week of May. About one month after the NCAA championship game.

This coming season I am intrigued by the Denver Nuggets [can they make it back to the Western Conference Finals and can they make it to the NBA Championship series]. George Karl is a good coach who gets a lot out of his players.

Also seeing how Shaq does playing along side LeBron will be interesting to see [I read today that Delonte West was not at day two of training camp either].

Finally, in my own back yard, the train wreck that is the Warriors could have a very interesting year. Stephen Jackson wants to be traded to a team that has chamionship potential [Cleveland maybe?]. Monta Ellis is back 100% after his disaster on a mo-ped last year and it appears he and Don Nelson may not be getting along. The Warriors are young and if things go well, they could be very entertaining and very good. Stephan Curry may be the real deal at point guard. Monta Ellis is on the cusp of becoming a superstar who can light it up (assuminghe is not a head case). Anthony Randolph is in year #2 and has amazing skills. Beidrens is becoming a very effective center. Other players are young and hungry. The Oakldn Colesium may well be a rockin venue this year.

Or it may be the same old Warriors who suffer through yet another dismal season.

Let the hoops begin.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Frankly, the only real contenders to improve were San Antonio and Boston. I love the Jefferson addition to a now healthy Spurs team. Garnett is now healthy and adding Rasheed off the bench is the perfect role for him at this point in his career. The Lakers downgraded to Artest and his antics from a young budding star in Ariza. Artest isn't a shut down defender anymore and Ariza was hitting big shots for them. Conversely, Shaq is not the help that Cleveland needed. I honestly don't think LeBron could do any MORE than he did last season. They needed a forward who can shoot the ball and didn't get one. Unless Portland is for real, the title winner will be one of those four teams. I like SA/BOS in the finals.
  • Options
    Who's going to play perimeter defense for SA? Or interior D for that matter? Any team with quick guards is going to run a layup drill on them.

No appreciation for Dallas' addition of Shawn Marion? Even if he is half the player he was 2 yrs ago, that's a hell of an addition which they got for practically nothing.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Oh ya, well the King's added Sean May!

Seriously though, has anybody seen a list of over/under numbers for wins this year? I can't find one. Curious where the experts rank my King's. Anything over 20 and I am taking the under.