Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2010 Topps Baseball Design unveiled

Topps, the exclusive trading card of Major League Baseball staring in 2010, offers a sneak peek at the all-new 2010 Topps Baseball design!

What do you think?

Comments

• original. I think I like it.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Wonder what next years Heritage will look like image

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I think a certain unanmmed member of this board is just sitting there staring at the computer screen right now....
  • richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    TOPPS SEEMS TO BE DOING IT RIGHT ONCE AGAIN.

TOPPS BUILDING UP ANTICIPATION FOR HERITAGE THEN LATE A & G...

NICE
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • I like it. I may have to pick up a box when it's released.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • No bad. not great ... but better than years past.

Topps has no competition so we will se if they turn back the clock.

thanks for the preview.
  • so Topps is the only company now that can produce current baseball sets? that will breed complaceny, it's always good to have some competition.

• << <i>so Topps is the only company now that can produce current baseball sets? that will breed complaceny, it's always good to have some competition. >>

Others will still produce cards but lacking team logos, etc from what I hear.
    imageimageimage
  • Very nice! I will be picking up a few boxes when this comes out
  • I love the design.Every year the design takes awhile to grow on me but I like this one right out of the gate.
    Mike
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I just may have to purchase a package of this product
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I agree, Mike. I'm usually nonplussed by Topps's designs, but this one jumped right out at me and wowed me in seconds!

Sharp photo, and I love that stylized script of the team name!
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I dont know about having Pujols on every card
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I like it alot. Also I love the fact they have stopped using the same design for all sports.

I wish they would go back to the old non glossy heritage style cards like UD did witht heir OPC set. At least you could get those autographed.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

• << <i>I like it alot. Also I love the fact they have stopped using the same design for all sports.

I wish they would go back to the old non glossy heritage style cards like UD did witht heir OPC set. At least you could get those autographed. >>

I agree.I collect autographed Topps cards and I can't be bothered to go through the prep work to get new Topps cards signed.
    Mike
  • I like it,reminds me of the 1978 series.
  • It's ok, I just can't get into the shiny stuff. I'm curious what the Heritage is going to look like. I presume it will be after the 61' set, but I wonder if Topps will use a lot of head shots which I
    am quite sure was the majority of the original set.
    On a side note, I have to say great pants Pujols!! You're a real throwback!!

imageimage
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I like it there are some years I could do with out .
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty sharp design. Topps Chrome will look the same way?
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Nice clean look, with good photography. Looks pretty sharp.
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    First time since 1993 that they didn't use gold foil names.... I like it just hoping there is a Griffey card? If he plays next year
    he will have been in the 40th, 50th and 60th anniv. Topps sets. Couple others I can think of (if they play next year are.
    Omar Visquel
    Randy Johnson
    Chipper Jones
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭✭
    The left colored side of the card is similar to the 1994 football set.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • NugenNugen Posts: 107 ✭✭
    The team name is too big. I am NOT a fan. It reminds me of one of the Bazooka issues from the 90's.
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Its funny. Back in the day we wouldnt even know what the cards look like until we bought a box or pack and were happy as heck no matter what the design. Now we get a preview months in advance and get to decide on weather or not to purchase the product. That said the team name is too large IMO.
  • Not a fan of white boards - just seems lazy to me.
  • whats the release date on this product?