Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Article from Yahoo Finance...

RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

If accurate, very interesting reading for anyone who owns gold...in coin form or not:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Federal-Reserve-Admits-Hiding-bw-2550373789.html?x=0&.v=patrick.net

Comments

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Linkified: Link

Interesting article, I wonder if anything does come out of this how it wil effect the future of the gold market.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Bringing transparency to the Fed is going to be like turning on the light and watching all the cockroaches scatter.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greenspan already testified to Congress in 1998 that the FED stood ready to lease/sell gold as required to bring down the price of gold. So swaps would be nothing unexpected.

Fwiw I read the actual letter dated 9/17/09 from the FED to GATA linked in that article. I don't think they actually admit to swapping gold in that letter. My reading of it indicates that the FED won't give out detailed information on swaps it conducts....whether gold or anything else. They said the won't give out swap information....not "gold swap" information.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    It's not even worth saying it so nevermind.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Just to make sure no one is misled, that is not a news article authored by Yahoo Finance. It's a paid press release written by GATA and distributed via BusinessWire, a pay-for-play press release distribution service widely used by companies to make announcements and disclosures to the financial world. I believe Yahoo Finance "automatically" picks up virtually everything from BusinessWire.

-donn-
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file