Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone know of a dealer of NON satan mint sets

As I collect mint sets from 34-present, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can
get the non satan or business strike mint sets, rather than one coin at a time?
I put together 05, 06 and 07, but I would like to get 08 etc. either as a set or
in 2x2s.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know mint sets were the work of the devil.... image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of a satan mint set. Got any pics?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, ziggy. You beat me to it.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Anyone know of a dealer of NON satan mint sets >>

Gosh, that's an unfortunate typo.
  • Options
    I lost my spelling ability as I aged. I was going to use "SATIN" but
    that didn't look right either. satan, satin or saten?????
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I don't know what you're looking for exactly. I bought hundreds and had various coins graded. I have most of the coins in PCGS holders but I didn't keep any full sets. Aren't they still available from the mint?

--Jerry
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    It's "satin." Short of finding sources of uncirculated business strikes, no, the sets now are all the satin finish. I think the Mint should have went with business strikes in the 2009 mint sets; I think they would sell a lot more of them with the scarcity of the nickels and dimes in circulation.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about proof sets? they are also still available at the mint. --Jerry
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a scam of a title on this thread! image

Where are the Evildooer mint set images image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not issed as a set in Business strike so it would have to be someone making a set and selling.
    Have not looked but check eBay "Mint Sets" by "Date" and key word "Business Strike".
  • Options
    jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭
    Visions of Harvey Keitel in "Little Nicky" at the coining press in hell just popped into my mind...
  • Options
    image Since the mint stopped making the business strike mint sets, I have been forced to buy a few coins at a time.
    Even the dealers who list singles by year have them listed as one at a time, or P&D. What a pain typing all that crap.

Have fun image
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>I think the Mint should have went with business strikes in the 2009 mint sets; I think they would sell a lot more of them with the scarcity of the nickels and dimes in circulation.<<

They may still sell plenty of 2009 Mint Sets (if they make enough to fill demand) - as far as I know, these sets will be the only way to obtain 2009 Philly and Denver cents made from the original 95% copper composition.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you just do it the old fashioned way?

Build it yourself.

Sorry, the Devil made me say that!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Sorry there are not too many dealers that build business strike mint sets on thier own and the mint does not seem like they will ever go back to putting real business strikes in mint sets.

My Danscos look better because of this though, the satin finish coins seem to tone nicely in the albums. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file