Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Recent Pickups(low grade Mantles)

Comments

• Options
    Kirk,
    Very nice congrats..I love the display!!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

The centering is nice on most of them - very, VERY nice cards to me.

Where's the 1952? image
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Felicia, that means alot coming from a collector with your stature. Your 52 Topps Mantle sure would look good in there. I've got a 52 Bowman Mantle on the way.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards! Any of them bump-worthy? image
  • Options
    Hi Kirk,

Very nice collection indeed!

You just can't go wrong collecting the "Cadillac of Cards" as I like to call them!

Thanks for sharing!

PoppaJ imageimage
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Hey Kirk! That's a REAL nice display!! How much do you have in it? $125? J/K.....
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Close Bobby. I traded the 62 I bought from you as part of a deal for a 65 Namath. That Ruth you have sure would look good in my collection. Let me know if you get anymore Mantles. On a side note I will cut your grass or wash dishes for Mantles.

Thanks
    Kirk
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    I will buy all of those mantles from you, please give me your paypal address.

and by that ofcourse i mean i'll pass.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a neat collection of Mantles. Centered low grade sometimes present better than the high grade counter parts. These definitely make for a nice display.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Congrulations on the pickup. Because the pieces are collectively displayed so nicely, it doesn't much matter that the cards aren't high grade.

Additionally, having the 1953 Topps Mickey Mantle at the top center of the display helps significantly. In my opinion, it is easily the most attractive Mantle card in existence.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Kirk

Very nice indeed.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    that's very nice to look at.

• Options
    Is the timing right for a little low grade mantle spam? have a bunch up on ebay this week. from 1953 to 1968. just click on the link below if interested. if not, please ignore.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Is the timing right for a little low grade mantle spam? have a bunch up on ebay this week. from 1953 to 1968. just click on the link below if interested. if not, please ignore.

Go ahead, but be warned that if mrmint23 actually happens to win some of them, there's more than a reasonable chance he will "change his mind" and not send payment.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm this has potential.

Steve
    Good for you.