Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody know how to remove the cheesy looking "Top-rated seller" badge from their ebay auc

I used to opt out of displaying the PowerSeller icon and in my view I believe it helped my auctions not to display it. Now with almost every PowerSeller getting this cheesy looking top-rated seller badge, I don't like being lumped in with the other PowerSeller scammers on ebay.

Anybody know of a way to opt out of displaying this "badge" - I didn't see anything in the seller profile.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Steve,

I think you can OPT OUT for this one:

PoppaJ
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Steve,

I think you can OPT OUT for this one:

PoppaJ >>

LOL

I would "opt out" from ebay if I thought there was anything better or equal.
  • Options
    I'll give you $1 for the unicorn

• Options
    I didn't look yet but I imagine the resealed pack vermin sellers will get the "badge" and now they will look so nice and trustworthy - makes me want to puke.
  • Options
    $1.25 on the unicorn....but only if you ship in a top loader and a PWE.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    if it said "Tap Dis" instead of "Top-Rated Seller", i might keep the badge.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Get a couple of negatives. That might work.image
  • Options

<< <i>Get a couple of negatives. That might work.image >>

"almost" not a bad idea. LOL

• Options
    * Consistently receives highest buyers' ratings
    * Ships items quickly
    * Has earned a track record of excellent service

Despite their little "added information" underneath the "badge", I still believe that most buyers are gonna figure these are just PowerSellers under a new name, and a number of ebay buyers including myself are very wary of ebay PowerSellers for a lot of reasons.

Oh well, guess I'm just gonna have to live with it and hope King Ebay in their infinite wisdom knows what they are doing.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    I personally think the TRS icon might be advantageous for sales, especially higher dollar items
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options

<< <i>I personally think the TRS icon might be advantageous for sales, especially higher dollar items >>

Storm has alluded to this point a number of times, that the ebay business model is now trying to be like Amazon or of course trying to outdo Amazon. I think the new "badge" may be advantageous to the experienced, frequent ebay buyer, but I receive a fair amount of sales from buyers with 100 feedback or less that probably frequent ebay once in awhile when they get the urge to buy something, and I'm afraid these buyers may equate the badge with a previous negative experience from a PowerSeller. Oh well, guess I'm stuck with it for now so I'll just have to make the best of it.
  • Options
    I just called ebay - the lady told me the badge is "permanent" - no opt out for now.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Get a couple of negatives. That might work.image >>

that would be hilarious.

Get a couple of friends to neg each other and put as the reason was to opt out of the TRS logo that Ebay stuck them with
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I think it affects your ranking in the searches andwith the new crappy categories , you don't want them intentionally putting you at the bottom if you opt out.