Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anyone Registered a Franklin set this year ?

If so , why ??

Comments

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Started a registry proof cam set, won't finish it this year though.

As to why, just because I like cameo franklins lots of field and a cam bell looks cool.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I oughta start a set, maybe two or three, and maybe mine aren't listed......

maybe the hepkitty is on the prowl.....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    LRLR Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Have you ever registered a Franklin set?
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If so , why ?? >>

Am going to start a complete half set and Franklins will be part of the set. But, thanks to you, I am buying non FBL coins and at true auction prices (none of those 2006-2008 fantasy prices) sellers are asking for on Ebay or on the internet sites. Weird how they want hundreds of dollars for a given common FBL then you see the same coin sell for $45.00 on Ebay. Some sellers would rather own the coin for eternity than adjust their asking prices according to reality. Well, let em' own them for eternity then.

I owe you a lot and I mean that.

Tyler
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If so , why ?? >>

Am going to start a complete half set and Franklins will be part of the set. But, thanks to you, I am buying non FBL coins and at true auction prices (none of those 2006-2008 fantasy prices) sellers are asking for on Ebay or on the internet sites. Weird how they want hundreds of dollars for a given common FBL then you see the same coin sell for $45.00 on Ebay. Some sellers would rather own the coin for eternity than adjust their asking prices according to reality. Well, let em' own them for eternity then.

Tyler >>

You know what is much fun, finding raw FBL gems and submitting them.... they are out there and can be had with a minimal (in most cases) output of money...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    The only time I plan on buying a franklin is later on down the road when I want to make a 1952 proof set for my mom.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FRANKLINS,,,,,,, "The Other Bald Guy"

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You know what is much fun, finding raw FBL gems and submitting them.... they are out there and can be had with a minimal (in most cases) output of money... >>

Thanks Lucy, That is what I intend to do. The Franklins can come so incredibly toned, that it is hard to worry about bell lines when there is so much color to look for.

Tyler
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845

<< <i>I oughta start a set, maybe two or three, and maybe mine aren't listed......

maybe the hepkitty is on the prowl..... >>

always nice to have the lady back in the game
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>If so , why ?? >>

Tyler >>

You know what is much fun, finding raw FBL gems and submitting them.... they are out there and can be had with a minimal (in most cases) output of money... >>

thats the way Bushmaster did it for the most part .........
  • Options

<< <i>Have you ever registered a Franklin set? >>

who do
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Good idea! They seem to be real reasonable just now. Wow... Yeah, a guy could get some
    real nice examples, very reasonable, right now.. Hmmmm.. Well, except for a nice '49-S,
    maybe.... image
  • Options
    on the contrary -

a sweet 49-S can be had nowdays for a very reasonable price