Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Patrick Ewing TTM ?

I have a 1986 Fleer Patrick Ewing rookie and I would like send it for Ewing to autograph, anyone know his address or his track record at signing?

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    He is probably the worst living NBA HOF signer. Doesn't do shows, TTM and almost never in person.
  • Options

<< <i>He is probably the worst living NBA HOF signer. Doesn't do shows, TTM and almost never in person. >>

Oh nooo ... he is the worst?! Has anyone ever seen any successful TTM from Ewing anywhere? But thanks for the quick info image

I would buy or trade for his 1986 fleer rc auto, if anyone has one.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Ewing is the single toughest living HOFer. He does not ever do shows and would likely get between $300-$500 per autograph if he ever decided to do it. You are only slightly more likely to get his autograph through the mail than you are Patrick Henry's.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    I know Ewing is hard to obtain, but it reminds me of an old story.

My old step dad (who is a liar about everything) told me once he was at an airport bar and Patrick Ewing came and sat down next to him. They both started talking and drinking and then Ewing asked him if he wanted an autograph. My old step dad told him "Nope, you want mine?"

I never believed that guy.....
  • Options
    I don't understand why HOFers guys don't want to sign ... first they can get $$, second it's a legacy to leave behind that is going to outlive them
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Ewing DOES NOT sign, period.

John

edit to add: for the most part. I saw him sign once for a kid in a wheelchair, that's it.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    everyone is right on... there is almost no chance he will sign. I think there was an article someone posted awhile back about some promoters project to get basketballs signed by the living 50 greatest players - I think Ewing was the last hold out and it was a crazy amount they paid him to sign.
  • Options
    I sent to Ewing TTM last year via the Magic. He did not sign my card but did send me this signed picture:

Definitely real sharpie, and the photo on the back even says unsigned B&W on the printers info. May be an auto pen but I can't be sure either.

The reply came from his agent and not directly from the Magic using my SASE.

• Options
    nice auto!

Maybe Upperdeck will do a buyback auto for Ewing 1986 Fleer rc ... at least I hope so image
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I lost a Patrick Ewing signed rookie card already PSA/DNA slabbed the other day on ebay. I should have bought it when it was first listed, It had a buy it now of $349 and an opening bid substantially less (I think it was $279) I debated on whether or not to buy it now, but instead I opened the bidding so no one else oculd use the buy it now. More than 6 days later, that was the only bid until about 10 seconds left when I put in a safety bid for myself (that bid was actually higher than the original buy it now image ). I was still the only bidder and then a "private feedback" bidder jumped in with 2 seconds left and beat me. I fully expected to receive a 2nd chance offer because of the private feedback winning bidder, but alas, I didn't get one.

I rarely lose a card I want, and I should have bought it day one so it was my own fault. I'll get the next one image
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    how many Ewing fleer auto rc have you guys seen on ebay in the past?
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I've seen 2, much like Karl Malone, they were both flawed with poor contrast.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    The 8x10 looks like an autopen
  • Options
    I did a quick search on ebay, there aren't any autographed anything from Ewing sr himself (although his son Ewing jr has a quite a bit of autographed cards).

So he doesn't sign TTM, doesn't do show, he doesn't even do any signing for card company for auto inserts ...

<< <i>The 8x10 looks like an autopen >>