Home Sports Talk
Options

Cleveland Browns in turmoil

According to "Mike and Mike" on ESPN this morning. Speculation is that Eric Mangini won't last through the season,
at least five players have filed various grievences against him (one is being fined $1700 for taking a water bottle
from a hotel without permission. What the heck is that?). The players "hate" Mangini according to M&M.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>According to "Mike and Mike" on ESPN this morning. Speculation is that Eric Mangini won't last through the season,
    at least five players have filed various grievences against him (one is being fined $1700 for taking a water bottle
    from a hotel without permission. What the heck is that?). The players "hate" Mangini according to M&M. >>

Could'nt happen to a nicer guy.

Sincerely,

Bill Belechick
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe how fast the Browns snapped Mangini up.... you reap what you sow.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    The Browns already look like they have quit 3 games into the season. I just read an article about how much more the Jets are having fun due to Mangini not being there. I like that he blared music during all practices not just when they played a dome team or such. It seems like he is a big bully. I think the guy in KC might suffer a similar fate as well.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the possible exception of Jim Zorn, Mangini is the most incompetent coach in the NFL. Even worse, he is an egomaniac and a total control freak with no ability to relate to his players. Some coaches are total control freaks, true, but they know when to push their players' buttons and when to ease up...with Mangini you get all the drama and the discipline but none of the skills, so like Morgoth said, he winds up looking like an incompetent bully. Cleveland ownership must have had rocks in their head to think this guy could coach. At least with Crennel, they were fairly competitive and not an NFL laughingstock. I'd be surprised if the entire team hasn't quit on him by midseason.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.