Home Sports Talk
Options

how about the top 10 and the busters

so many changes and with boise state and houston in the top with tcu rising could their possibly be 3 bcs busters?

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    If Boise St. is the lone undefeated or one of two undefeateds at the end of the season, they better be playing for the national championship.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If Boise St. is the lone undefeated or one of two undefeateds at the end of the season, they better be playing for the national championship. >>

I'm not sure they should get it over Houston if Houston ran the table. Their conference schedule is a bit tougher than Boise's, it has a championship game and they would have beaten two Big 12 teams (including OK State on the on the road) and an SEC team (on the road) along the way. Of course, Houston is much less likely to run the table than Boise for that reason.

So if Boise was one of two undefeateds, I don't think they're in if Houston is the other one. Or TCU, for that matter. No way two undefeated BCS busters get in over, say, a one-loss Florida team.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Boise is in the best position based on their current position in the rankings. Plus, Oregon's beat down on Cal last weekend was good for Boise. If Oregon's only loss is to Boise and if Boise is for real that just helps Boise. Plus, the fact is I think Boise is really good this year. They actually play defense and their offense is typical Boise State. I would love nothing more than Boise v. Florida or Texas in the BCS Championship game. That would be awesome! The rest of Boise's schedule is pretty easy except for at Hawaii and home to Nevada.

DATE OPPONENT TIME (ET) Location Result
    Thu, Sep 3rd, 2009 Oregon 10:15 PM Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel W (19 - 8)
    Sat, Sep 12th, 2009 Miami-Ohio 08:00 PM Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel W (48 - 0)
    Fri, Sep 18th, 2009 at Fresno_State 09:00 PM Bulldog Stadium W (51 - 34)
    Sat, Sep 26th, 2009 at Bowling_Green 07:00 PM Doyt Perry Stadium W (49 - 14)
    Sat, Oct 3rd, 2009 UC_Davis 08:00 PM Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel
    Wed, Oct 14th, 2009 at Tulsa 08:00 PM Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman S
    Sat, Oct 24th, 2009 at Hawaii 11:59 PM Aloha Stadium
    Sat, Oct 31st, 2009 San_Jose_St 03:00 PM Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel
    Fri, Nov 6th, 2009 at Louisiana_Tech 08:00 PM Joe Aillet Stadium
    Sat, Nov 14th, 2009 Idaho 03:00 PM Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel
    Fri, Nov 20th, 2009 at Utah_State 09:30 PM Romney Stadium
    Fri, Nov 27th, 2009 Nevada TBA Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel
    Sat, Dec 5th, 2009 New_Mexico_St 03:00 PM Bronco Stadium/Lyle Smith Fiel
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boise is in the best position based on their current position in the rankings. Plus, Oregon's beat down on Cal last weekend was good for Boise. If Oregon's only loss is to Boise and if Boise is for real that just helps Boise. Plus, the fact is I think Boise is really good this year. They actually play defense and their offense is typical Boise State. I would love nothing more than Boise v. Florida or Texas in the BCS Championship game. That would be awesome! The rest of Boise's schedule is pretty easy except for at Hawaii and home to Nevada. >>

I would agree that among the remaining potential BCS party crashers, Boise is the most likely (by far, IMO) to run the table and finish undefeated. But that's because of the schedule, and for that same reason I think if TCU or Houston ran the table (unlikely), they might surpass Boise in the eyes of the BCS.

But in reality, if both Florida and Texas finished with one loss, I don't see any of the contenders in the "BCS outsider" conferences getting up to #2 even if they are undefeated. Which would discredit the BCS as a true "championship" even more, IMO.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Since when was it ever a true championship? A playoff is the only way to determine that. Right now they should just call it what it is and just eliminate the possibility of any non BCS school having a chance at the championship game.

Just say they can be invited to one of the other bowls but since it's a BCS championship only schools in the BCS conferences can take part in the championship game.

Never will happen on the outside but inside the heads of the BCS school presidents you know that is exactly what they are thinking.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    If boise state houston and tcu all go undefeated and only 1 team goes into a bcs game could see the bcs crumble.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    ziggy - I agree with you about Houston, I just have a feeling they will stumble along the way.

At the end of the day, all I want is enough controversy to finally push the BCS off the bridge and make way for a playoff.