Home Sports Talk
Options

Brett Favre, 42nd 4th Quarter comeback...

This board is "pretty" sane compared to others (now that JS is gone). Actually it seems Minnesota Vikings message boards are flooded with idiots that call themselves Vikes fans and constantly complain about AD, or now, Brett Favre. Believe it or not they still are not seeing the light after yesterdays game. Then again most are just a bit, I hope for their sake, cause if not they are plain and simple, just not football fans.

How many times, as a fan of your team, have you seen a great QB lead a team down the field to BEAT your favorite team. Well as A Vikes fan, I've seen a few. Heck many were by ole #4 himself.

If you are a true Vikings fan, you should have sensed the confidence of the team on that final drive. No timeouts, 80 yards to go with a little over a minute left. The typical Vikes team would have made a play here and there on that drive, but it would have STALLED with a false start on the snap going to spike the ball, something plain stupid would have happened with Tjack, Sage, Ferrotte, Daunte, whoever.

Obviously, I want them to FINALLY win it all, and there is no DOUBT they have a shot this year, as do alot of teams. BUT DAMN, this win makes the teams confidence soar!

Now if the O-line plays like they CAN, we have a chance.

Man that was fun!

Am I speaking Chinese?

Comments

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's strange to see him in purple! image
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    If he keeps it up, he'll have more comebacks from retirement before he's done. image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    That was a play for the ages. Incredible!
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    So far, that's a nice return on your 25 million investmnent!
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    He is lucky that reciever bailed him out and came up with the pass. Peterson is the key to the Vikings, not Favre. Many teams passed on AD because
    they thought he wasn't durable. So far he has proved them wrong, but he is getting banged up and as AD goes, so does the Vikings.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i would have to agree. the wr made the play. another 2 inches to the left with his first foot and the vikes probably lose. the wr made the play since he had to go up in the air and come down like that. not that i am not a fan of favre but its the truth. a lower throw and it was an easy catch.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    lol..Yeah..The pass was horrible. Come on you guys, look at it with a clear view. If Favre doesnt put that pass exactly where it was, it is either batted away, or too far tto be caught by ANY WR. Favre cant win with some football fans, he makes a bullet pass 50 yards downfield, and hits the only Vikings WR in the endzone, in PERFECT stride, but still it isnt enough for some. Unreal....

There is no doubt it was a GREAT catch, but to say it wasnt a great pass is just funny to me... Anyways....... Packer fans are praying it doesnt come down to Favre next week.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    I always liked Favre, even as a Lions fan w/ him playing in the same division. I liked the way he carried himself and fought for every yard. I liked that he seemed to be have great sportmanship. I thought he was the ultimate team player. That is until his retirement BS and whining about the Packers and then this latest crap with the Jets/Vikes. He's still a heck of a competitor and can help a team win, but I no longer cheer for Favre the man.
  • Options
    As a life-long east coast 49ers fan, I rarely get to see my team's games. That was the first one I got to see since they played Arizona on opening day MNF a few years ago. That made it hurt even worse. Needless to say that was a hell of a game and a great last drive by the Vikes. My hat's off to 'em...even though that was a hell of a hurtful loss.
  • Options
    The 49'ers are not far away from being a force in the NFL. Future is bright there with Singletary.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen a QB as good as Favre has been and still is get this much criticism...the guy is a model citizen, doesn't kill dogs, get drunk and run over people, carry a gun into a nightclub or beat his wife, all he does is make big plays. If he hadn't been hurt last year the Jets would have certainly made the playoffs, too. I can understand why some people may think he's selfish about the streak, but I hope those same people think the same about Cal Ripken then.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I've never seen a QB as good as Favre has been and still is get this much criticism...the guy is a model citizen, doesn't kill dogs, get drunk and run over people, carry a gun into a nightclub or beat his wife, all he does is make big plays. If he hadn't been hurt last year the Jets would have certainly made the playoffs, too. I can understand why some people may think he's selfish about the streak, but I hope those same people think the same about Cal Ripken then. >>

Grote's wisdom is spot on image

People, it was a fabulous throw, and a fabulous catch...which is why football is a TEAM game. I sure hope the people who are recognizing that AD is the man, and that it isn't only because of Favre...are also recognizing the same thing when it comes to the likes of Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, and other QB's who are known as 'winners'. They won them because they had superb defenses, WR's, RB, Offensive Lines, Defensive lines, you name it. Oh, and a some luck too...and a few key kicks as well. NO QB can win a Super Bowl without the necessary help.

Favre was doing great last year until he got hurt. I think it is amazing, and a credit to him that he is doing as well as he is...AND ON AN EVERY DAY BASIS at his age. This does not happen often in the NFL.

Jrdake4, when looking at that picture above, if the throw was much lower, it is knocked away. The throw was where it needed to be.
  • Options

<< <i>I've never seen a QB as good as Favre has been and still is get this much criticism...the guy is a model citizen, doesn't kill dogs, get drunk and run over people, carry a gun into a nightclub or beat his wife, all he does is make big plays. >>

I don't think most of the criticism of Favre has to do with his ability or his character, the prior pain killer addiction notwithstanding.

I think a lot of us are sick of him and his annual "retirement" drama, dominating the sports media with "all Favre all the time" claptrap. I for one think he's selfishly hurting his team from time to time by playing hurt; when he should sit a week or two to heal nagging injuries he goes out and plays to pad that cherished "streak," is ineffective and his team crashes and burns with him as the Jets did late last year. Brett, if you're hurt, SIT DOWN. You're still a good QB, but don't be so self-absorbed with the streak that you can't see that at THIS stage of your career, 60-70% of you may not be better than your backup.

But the dude's a great one, a lock first-ballot HOFer and one of the best clutch two-minute QBs in the game. Nothing that makes me sick of Brett Favre has anything to do with knocking his ability or his accomplishments.

<< <i>Favre was doing great last year until he got hurt. I think it is amazing, and a credit to him that he is doing as well as he is...AND ON AN EVERY DAY BASIS at his age. This does not happen often in the NFL. >>

Yes, but he should have sucked up his pride and SAT DOWN when he was too injured to help his team. To me, this is no longer admirable and "tough"; it's selfishly hurting your team. His insistence on "looking tough" and padding his streak hurt the Jets a LOT last year.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've never seen a QB as good as Favre has been and still is get this much criticism...the guy is a model citizen, doesn't kill dogs, get drunk and run over people, carry a gun into a nightclub or beat his wife, all he does is make big plays. If he hadn't been hurt last year the Jets would have certainly made the playoffs, too. I can understand why some people may think he's selfish about the streak, but I hope those same people think the same about Cal Ripken then. >>

Grote's wisdom is spot on image

People, it was a fabulous throw, and a fabulous catch...which is why football is a TEAM game. I sure hope the people who are recognizing that AD is the man, and that it isn't only because of Favre...are also recognizing the same thing when it comes to the likes of Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, and other QB's who are known as 'winners'. They won them because they had superb defenses, WR's, RB, Offensive Lines, Defensive lines, you name it. Oh, and a some luck too...and a few key kicks as well. NO QB can win a Super Bowl without the necessary help.

Favre was doing great last year until he got hurt. I think it is amazing, and a credit to him that he is doing as well as he is...AND ON AN EVERY DAY BASIS at his age. This does not happen often in the NFL.

Jrdake4, when looking at that picture above, if the throw was much lower, it is knocked away. The throw was where it needed to be. >>

wow, cant belive all the heat that i am taking for making a comment that the wr made the play just as much if not more than favre. the pass nearly took the wr out of the back of the endzone. a little lower and with a little room to run for the wr without jumping would have made the catch easier. then again why the niner defender didnt just push the wr out of bounds while coming down i dont know either. there is no more push out rule in the NFL. the defense has to know that when a wr goes up in the air near the sidelines to start pushing him out of bounds. watch the video not look at the picture.

that said, doesnt anyone look at the bottom of my sig line. i would say that i am far from a favre hater. i have always been a fan, yet a critical fan at times of his. its just funny to see how fast vike fans have changed tunes. two years ago you would have said that the pass could have been better and that it was the wr that made the play. just point out that it was by 2 inches that the WR came down inbounds. he made the play with his body control. clear favre can throw the rock, we have all seen that for 17 years.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I am not a Farve fan at all. Not a hater either. Although I am tired of his retirement deal every year. However, that was a great pass and a great catch. Could the pass have been lower? Maybe. However, the dude is making the throw with pressure on the back side, last play of the game, and he was what maybe 30 or 40 yards out!? Give me a break. That was an awesome throw and catch. Anybody questioning that throw is a delusional hater!
  • Options
    Look I'm a Vikes fan, that doesnt mean I didn't like favre when he was a Packer. heck I admired the fact that you guys had a leader, so do not put me in that mold. Like someone said, he is a true football player. Plus you are never going to hear that he was beating his wife, driving drunk (lawn mower not included), not paying taxes, carrying a weapon and shooting his leg, dogfighting, marijuana, cocaine, bad mouthing teammates, fill in the blank.

The streak is in my opinion the most unbelievable streak in sports history. It is also looking like it may end at some point this year if Mckinnie doesnt pull his head out of his a#$@. Who were the JETS gonna play last year over a hurt Favre? I'd play Favre over any backup they had on their roster.

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    So a defender can just push a player out of bounds and not get a Pass interference flag? Not sure I like this rule change.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>I am not a Farve fan at all. Not a hater either. Although I am tired of his retirement deal every year. However, that was a great pass and a great catch. Could the pass have been lower? Maybe. However, the dude is making the throw with pressure on the back side, last play of the game, and he was what maybe 30 or 40 yards out!? Give me a break. That was an awesome throw and catch. Anybody questioning that throw is a delusional hater! >>

wow, you must be dialed into the same tellapathic switch board that jimmy carter is. any crititical thought of favre must be a delusional hater. just like any critisim of our sitting president makes one a racist. i thought these boards were places to speak a point of view. unfortunately nearly all of these tend to sprial out of control. i will waste my time some where else from now on.

my point was that the wr needs some credit for the play too.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I personally like the wishy washy retirement drama, what else can a football fan do from March till Sept? Makes ESPN worth watching (barely). Real tired of ESPN's "reporters" and "sources".
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am not a Farve fan at all. Not a hater either. Although I am tired of his retirement deal every year. However, that was a great pass and a great catch. Could the pass have been lower? Maybe. However, the dude is making the throw with pressure on the back side, last play of the game, and he was what maybe 30 or 40 yards out!? Give me a break. That was an awesome throw and catch. Anybody questioning that throw is a delusional hater! >>

wow, you must be dialed into the same tellapathic switch board that jimmy carter is. any crititical thought of favre must be a delusional hater. just like any critisim of our sitting president makes one a racist. i thought these boards were places to speak a point of view. unfortunately nearly all of these tend to sprial out of control. i will waste my time some where else from now on.

my point was that the wr needs some credit for the play too. >>

Nowhere in your original post do you give any credit to Favre and the throw. Just sayin'

OBVIOUSLY it was a GREAT catch, is their ANYONE in the ENTIRE WORLD that has said it WASN'T. Thank you for telling us that it was a great catch lol...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>So a defender can just push a player out of bounds and not get a Pass interference flag? Not sure I like this rule change. >>

well you can push him out while he is coming down with the ball. or carry him out of bounds. a push well before with act of the catch with get a PI. I never said you could just push them out while the ball is in the air.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    fwi, it was his 43rd comback i think not the 42nd. at least that is what i have read a few places.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Ill go watch the finish again... Though it was 42
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options

<< <i>Ill go watch the finish again... Though it was 42 >>

Assuming this play is a part of life, the universe and everything, you would necessarily be right. image
  • Options
    Per the game highlights he had 41 coming into this game.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    from your own homy, Kevin Siefert

"1. Brett Favre’s magic arm: Sunday marked Favre’s 43rd come-from-behind victory or tie in the fourth quarter during his 19-year career. "
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

I am sorry you are feeling a little sensitive and defensive today. I was not directing my comments at you personally. I was just saying, IN MY OPINION, anybody that questions the throw is a delusion hater. Most people would realize that such a broad overstatement like "delusional hater" is probably meant with some humor in mind. Obviously, you, or anybody else, can think whatever you want. Maybe I am wrong and the throw sucked. I don't really know but there no need for you to get all defensive and throw in that political nonsense. Go back to listening to Rush as I am sure he will agree with everything you think.
  • Options
    I can't stand Siefert, Werder, basically most espn reporters. etc... Well someone is wrong Im just going off the FOX broadcast...

I might watch that highlight once a week , unless of course he has to do it again next week.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    i dont listen to rush. or any other talking head. i read news from multiple sources and make my own educated decission as to what to take home from all that is presented. keeping in mind that nearly all comes from a slanted point of view.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's