Home Sports Talk
Options

SHAME ON THE 49 ERS

THEIR HEADCOACH SHOULD BE FIRED FOR BOTCHING THAT GAME!!!!!
always looking for 1969 graded basketball

Comments

• Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    LOL, right
  • Options
    How did the head coach botch the game??? Minnesota won, but most likely 999/1000 times it would have gone the other way.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    It wasn't terrible coverage. Actually, it was vaguely reminiscent of Dwight Clark's catch against the Cowboys, albeit from 40 yards instead of 15 or so.

In that play, Everson Walls didn't have bad coverage, but someone made a great catch where only the QB's own team could catch it. That's what I saw here.
  • Options
    Any football fan with at least half a brain would GLADY take Mike Singletary as their head coach. The guy is EVERYTHING you need in a coach. Face it the ole Favre has some magic left.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame Farve.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Blame Farve. Dave >>

I'm not a Minny fan, but how can you not admire a HOFer lock like Farve? I seems the great ones week after week, year after year, seem to find that magic and pull a game out in the final minutesor seconds.

How many times has Farve done that?

Kudos to you Brett! image (The Pack vs. The Vikings next week! That should be some viewing fun!)

rd
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    HoFers do HoFerish things. Can't blame the 49ers for the greatness of Favre.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Blame Farve. Dave >>

I'm not a Minny fan, but how can you not admire a HOFer lock like Farve? I seems the great ones week after week, year after year, seem to find that magic and pull a game out in the final minutesor seconds.

How many times has Farve done that?

Kudos to you Brett! image (The Pack vs. The Vikings next week! That should be some viewing fun!)

rd >>

Favre now has *42* 4th Quarter or Overtime wins. But this was my favorite image
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    The great pinpoint throw by Farve won the game for the Vikings.
  • Options

<< <i>Any football fan with at least half a brain would GLADY take Mike Singletary as their head coach. >>

Wade Phillips or Mike Singletary? I know which one I would rather have.

Niners only lost thanks to one of the greatest TD catches you will ever see.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    How can you possibly BLAME anyone??? It was just an AMAZING throw by the 'ole timer!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    ALL YOU GREAT MINDS ARE MISSING 1 THING THAT I WAS REFERRING TO EVIDENTALLY.....BEFORE THAT GREAT THROW/CATCH, WHERE DID THEY START THEIR DRIVE????????? THAT IS THE POINT!!!!!!! WITH HOW MUCH TIME LEFT????? THAT IS THE POINT....
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Simmer down there pal. First, your caps lock is on. Second, so are you giving no credit to one of the greatest QB's of all-time? Minnesota has a really nice offensive line also. And while I'm not sure what you really are expecting out of the 49ers this year, but I think 2-1 with a loss on a 32 yard pass with 2 seconds left from one of the greatest QB's ever, is more than what most if not all 49er fans would take in a heartbeat considering the talent level on the team.

If the Niners play like they did the past game, without Gore after the first play mind you, they will have a very successful season.
  • Options
    Dan Marino sucks.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Fave is a very good quarterback. But I'm getting so sick of people calling him one of the greatest of all-time. That's an insult to the likes of Johnny Unitas, Otto Graham, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Dan Marino, John Elway, Roger Staubach, Peyton Manning and others that are better than Favre. Favre isn't a Top 10 all-time QB and isn't even one of the three best in the NFL currently (Manning, Brady and Brees).
  • Options
    Stick to star wars junk there pally...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Stick to star wars junk there pally... >>

Why? Do you dispute my suggestion? Do you really think Favre is better than any of the QB's I've listed? And that's not even bring the likes of Namath, Griese and Dawson into the equation.