Home Sports Talk

Bizarro Day in the NFL

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
if I read my scores right on espn.com it seems that the Bengals beat the defending Superbowl Champs today and Detroit beat somebody. And Denver is 3-0? Wow.

Comments

• drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>if I read my scores right on espn.com it seems that the Bengals beat the defending Superbowl Champs today and Detroit beat somebody. And Denver is 3-0? Wow. >>

Denver has played the Bengals, Browns, and Raiders. What else would you expect? 2-1 at worst. They will be back to an average to just under average team next week.

Detroit had to win at some point, it was their time. I just don't understand why teams like the Raiders and Redskins can continue to think that at some point their QB will improve, not going to happen with JaMarcus and Campbell.

• << <i> I just don't understand why teams like the Raiders and Redskins can continue to think that at some point their QB will improve, not going to happen with JaMarcus and Campbell. >>

As an LSU fan, I used to get pizzy when someone talked bad about Russell. Now I agree. I figured sooner or later he would figure something out but it seems he gets worse every week.
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Anyone though that the Titans and Steelers would be a combined 1-5 after 3 weeks?
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    The Show-Me State is a combined 0-6, providing at least some evidence that the NFL planets are still in their proper orbits.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>if I read my scores right on espn.com it seems that the Bengals beat the defending Superbowl Champs today and Detroit beat somebody. And Denver is 3-0? Wow. >>

Denver has played the Bengals, Browns, and Raiders. What else would you expect? 2-1 at worst. They will be back to an average to just under average team next week.

Detroit had to win at some point, it was their time. I just don't understand why teams like the Raiders and Redskins can continue to think that at some point their QB will improve, not going to happen with JaMarcus and Campbell. >>

Agree with everything here, Detroit actually has done some things positive - Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith compliment Stafford pretty good on the Offense.

Russell is just a nightmare situation for the Raiders, they have to be ashamed at themselves for bowing down to him after his BS holdout.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Broncos have a 3-0 record that means nothing, absolutely nothing. A freak play allowed them to beat the Browns. The Bengals and The Raidas are horrible.

If they beat the Cowboys to go 4-0 I still won't jump up and down.

The thing that does intrigue me however is that through three games Denver has allowed opposing teams to score 16 points. If this is not a fluke and the Bronco defense continues to give up less than a TD per game, then the team may have a shot at winning a weak division.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The thing that does intrigue me however is that through three games Denver has allowed opposing teams to score 16 points. If this is not a fluke and the Bronco defense continues to give up less than a TD per game, then the team may have a shot at winning a weak division. >>

Like you said, they played the Browns, Bengals and Raiders.

In total offense, the Browns are 32nd, the Raiders are 31st and the Bengals are 24th. The Cowboys are 3rd.

It's a safe bet Denver will be 3-1 after Sunday but stranger things have happened for sure.