Home Sports Talk

Meet your 2009 AL EAST Champs - The New York Yankees!

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
Clinched with a 3 game sweep of Boston! Hopefully this is an emotional let down to the Red Sox going into the playoffs. The only thing I hope for the Red Sox is that Lester's knee is ok. He's quite a story and quite a pitcher.

Two other side notes...
This was the Yanks 100th win of the season! Best record in baseball!

Jeter and Cano became the first modern era double play combo to BOTH have 200 hits in a season! That is impressive! And both HOMEGROWN Yankees! Soriano who?

This year has a real good feel to it if you are a Yankees fan!

Go Yanks!

Comments

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Nice to see that scrappy bunch of underdogs come together and take the division. Congratulations to all Yankee fans.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Awww look at that....another Yankees hater coming in to whine about the unfairness in baseball. Time to change your name from Boopotts to Boohoos.

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

I still do not like the Yanks. Great drive to the end !!!!!!

Just as a side note , the O's I believe live in an alternate universe . The O's are just as great , except in reverse.image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Awww look at that....another Yankees hater coming in to whine about the unfairness in baseball. Time to change your name from Boopotts to Boohoos. >>

What are you talking about? The last five months have been a real rollercoaster for our beloved pinstripers. Just yesterday I was telling a buddy of mine how much this '09 edition of the Yankees reminded me of the 1980 Olympic hockey team. Let's hope for a 'Miracle on the Diamond' this November!
  • the sarcasm is priceless boo.

this team performed like they were supposed to. CC came up big all year and Cano/Jeter were an impressive duo. Tex. paid big dividends and Arod was key to him having a good season; just look at the numbers when Arod was hurt. Even Matsui is swinging a hot bat.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to Yankee fans image
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Awww look at that....another Yankees hater coming in to whine about the unfairness in baseball. Time to change your name from Boopotts to Boohoos. >>

Its all part of being a Yankee fan. The Yanks get shelled if they lose and they get sneers when they win.
    I kinda like the sneers imageimage

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice to see that scrappy bunch of underdogs come together and take the division. Congratulations to all Yankee fans. >>

I read that as sarcasm. I didnt know that the Yankees were such underdogs. If I was mistaken then my apologies.
  • jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    In early May this season,
    The NY Yankees were 13 - 15, a losing ball club with little direction.

After Arod's return, they went on to play the best baseball in the AL, and became the divisional champs !

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In early May this season,
    The NY Yankees were 13 - 15, a losing ball club with little direction.

After Arod's return, they went on to play the best baseball in the AL, and became the divisional champs !

image >>

I think it helped even more to have Mark Teixiera start to hit well.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See 'ya in the ALCS. image
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck - I'm hoping for a Phillies - Yankees World Series.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The Sillies better win the division first.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com