Home Sports Talk
Options

Tebow Knocked Out

MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
Way to go Urban, get your meal ticket killed in a blow out. I salute you
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Way to go Urban, get your meal ticket killed in a blow out. I salute you >>

I can't help but wonder if the college football world seeing how much running it up helped Bob Stoops and OU last year has changed the conventional wisdom. Unlike a few games last year, Mack Brown was really pouring on the points today, too.

I can easily see Meyer (and other coaches) thinking that if they end up with one loss, they may need the style points of a lot of blowouts like Stoops got last year.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Unlike a few games last year, Mack Brown was really pouring on the points today, too. >>

You know a majority, if not all, of the starters sat after the first drive in the second half, right? Back in the day, Stoops would keep his starters in the entire game...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Glad to see it myself. Florida plays LSU in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Found this at www.gatortailgating.com

Here is my top 10 list of the stupid Tim Tebow questions that will be asked this week by the media. Let's start with the obvious, it's not really a question but it's my favorite.

1. This statement or something similar will be first: "Superman found kryptonite" or "Superman meets Lex Luther" or something similar referencing "Superman".

Answer: You're unoriginal, and probably not that bright, because you actually thought that using "Superman" in your analogy of the situation was clever.

2. Will Tebow be able to bounce back after this?

Answer: Duh! I wonder how many TV segments and blog articles will be written on this subject. All will be forgotten two weeks from now after LSU.

3. Was the tackle a dirty hit since he seemed to lead with his helmet?

Answer: By the letter of the Law, the tackler did lead with his helmet. However, it's obvious that it wasn't intentional. I doubt Tebow will question the hit, especially since this is his M.O. on the field.

4. Should something more be done to protect the passers in college football?

Answer: Good night Nancy! Please just move to the soccer channel and leave the real sports fans alone.

5. What if Tebow is unable to return? Should the Florida Gators still be ranked No. 1? Will they be as good?

Answer: The Gators probably shouldn't be ranked number one if he doesn't return, but they will remain ranked until they loose. Will they be as good? Probably not, but they will still be pretty good.

Side Note: (You can test the IQ of the people discussing this question by how long they spend on the subject. The longer they spend the lower the IQ.)

6. Are concussions a problem in college football?

Answer: Ya Think? Again, there's a good soccer game on ESPN, aren't you missing it?

7. How will the Florida offense change if Tebow is out for the season (or xxx amount of games)?

Answer: "Uhhhh, they will pass the ball more Bob. Back to you in the booth."

8. Do you think this will have any effect on Tebow's NFL plans?

Answer: Seriously, it's a long shot that somebody actually asks a question as stupid as this. However, someone will. When he or she does, please find their Twitter account and forward it to me.

9. Will Tebow be 100 percent for the LSU game?

Answer: You will never get the real answer to this question, so why ask it? Do you really believe Tebow or Urban Meyer are going to say "Well Bob, I think he's around 90 percent?" Stupid questions get stupid answers.

10. Do you think the flu played a part in Tebow's performance that night?

Answer: He ran for two touchdowns and almost a hundred yards, if it did, look out LSU.
  • Options
    Shouldn't have been in the game when up 30+ with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it, somewhat, ah, stupid to leave him in with the blowout! Maybe this will wake Urban up!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options

<< <i>Shouldn't have been in the game when up 30+ with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd. >>

It was 24, but point taken. But as I said, I think Bob Stoops raised the ante last year with his running it up clearly being responsible from getting OU from #3 to #2 in the BCS. I'm obviously not Urban Meyer, but I can't help but think that he and other coaches with teams realistically in the BCS so-called "championship" hunt thinking they have to pour it on every game after it worked for the Sooners last year.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Shouldn't have been in the game when up 30+ with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd. >>

It was 24, but point taken. >>

Ah, gotcha. I forgot they were up 31-7, and not 41-7 at that point. My mistake.
  • Options

<< <i>Ah, gotcha. I forgot they were up 31-7, and not 41-7 at that point. My mistake. >>

Which makes Meyer's decision to still have Tebow in the game merely questionable instead of insane.
  • Options
    Look, I get what you guys are saying about Tebow being in...but remember it was just the 2nd possesion of the 3rd quarer. Also, he shouldn't have been in the game at that point anyway because they had just scored a TD that was for some reason called back (phantom hold call on Hernandez). Regardless, a scary moment for sure. All indications is he'll be fine & on the field in Baton Rouge in 2 weeks.

Still can't believe ESPN cut to break while he was down. WTF were they thinking? He is the face of college football & he's laid out & NOW you choose to pay the bills?!?!? WTF!!