Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

You don't have to be a Dummy for this Giveaway -- WINNERS Posted!!

... but you'd get more out of it! image

I have 4 copies of Ron Guth's Coin Collecting for Dummies that I'm giving away -- but to coin-collecting Newbies only! Despite the title, it's a very useful and comprehensive guide for beginning collectors. As before, there's a catch!! image

If you win a copy, you have to agree to give it away yourself sometime in the next 12 months to another Newbie!! That's it! That's the only qualification (besides posting in this thread that you want to be in the drawing). The winner will be selected Sunday, March 17th from among those who have signed up by no later than Saturday (March 16th) evening's witching hour -- the stroke of midnight (Central Standard Time).

Good luck!!!
Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image

Comments

• Options
    I could use the help!!

Please sign me up for the drawing!

St-
    "Science is but a perversion of itself unless it has as its ultimate goal the betterment of humanity."
    -- Nikola Tesla
  • Options
    (disregard 2nd reply - ColdFusion error caused double-post)
    "Science is but a perversion of itself unless it has as its ultimate goal the betterment of humanity."
    -- Nikola Tesla
  • Options
    I could use a copy.
    And I agree the forestated.
    Thanks.
    ~ Robert
    R29Neo@aol.com
  • Options
    hey how about me ????
    Im unemployed again after 1.5 years with Kittyhawk they let me go. image

My first YOU SUCK on May 6 2005
  • Options
    sign me up plz! thanks
  • Options
    Please include me.

Thanks

Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    I'm in.

Thanks.

Dan
  • Options
    Please include me!
    Home brew is best - Never drink alone
  • Options
    Count me in too!
    Rich
  • Options
    I'd also like to join in.
    Thanks for the chance.
    Kris Layher

Amateur Coin Collector
  • Options
    Put my name in the hat
    Danke
    to explore strange new coin, to seek dealers and new collectors to boldly collect where no man has collected before
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Please include me as well. Thanks.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Please include me...Thanks.
    A newbie to collecting...but recognize the value of PCGS grading.
  • Options
    the dummy has arrived......yea right! but also pretty true.....ooh book .....lots of pictures I hope.....please not lots of words the poor head and I may never show leg again......lol, I am thinking real hard to whether I want to jump in on the band wagon......got to forward it on with in 12 months, you know that's an awesome idea, but I don't think it will take me 12 months to read it.....think think....yes or no........if I win can I sign my beautiful signature and date it before I send it on? can I? can I? huh? huh? anything in yah pockets?image ok I am in........sweetyimage
    Maria
    [New Zealand]
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    o.k I agree. thanks
  • Options
    SORRY I'AM NEW
  • Options
    GoldfingerGoldfinger Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Hello,

I think I'm enough of a novice to qualify for this giveaway, so count me in. Unless there's a swimsuit portion to this competition, then I'm not interested. And if I win, I plan to work for world peace and I pledge to give this book to another newbie. (I reserve the right to conduct my own swimsuit competition, depending on who enters.)
    small_d

e-mail me here

WINNER:
    POTD 8-30-05 (awarded by dthigpen)
    POTD 9-8-05 (awarded by gsaguy)
    GSAGUY Slam 12-10-04
  • Options

I have just come on board today! Look forward to learning from others who are part of this group. Thanks for the opportunity to put my name (in the Irish hat) for the drawing. Keeping my fingers crossed. Happy St. Patty's Day!
  • Options
    GOD knows I need one!

Charles
  • Options
    I'm a pretty new noob, only been collecting for less then 5 months? Still dont know what im doing but I try to act like I do image

Hope the book has something about Mercury dimes (only set I collect). I'll also re-give the book away in less then 1 year.
  • Options
    put me in please
    thanks
    BrianJr
    Brian
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Okay, the oracular bones have been tossed, the entrails read, and the stars charted ... and the Fates have ruled that the winners are

1. BrianJr

2. R29Neo

3. ante

4. RedScorpio

and, since I managed to obtain another copy ...

5. NickM

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who participated!! imageimageimage Winners, please PM me your addresses. (I hope to try to get the books out this week, but I have a business trip coming up next week and may not be able to get to the Post Office until next weekend or so.)

BTW, keep your eyes open on the World & Ancient Coins forum and US & World Currency forums since I'll be giving away several "surplus" Krause catalogs on world coin and currency collecting. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    Dagnabit! I'm late......story of my life....I really needed it too! Guess I have to buy one. It was nice of you to do this though!
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for this great giveaway.
    ~ Robert
    R29Neo@aol.com