Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Looks like someone else posted this first. Sorry I didn't notice.

Sent: Fri 9/25/09 10:02 PM
To: (Me Tonight )

Hi Everyone,

For years, actually from the very first month the PCGS Set Registry was in existence, February, 2001, we have added All-Time Finest sets of the great collections of Bass, Eliasberg, Garrett, Norweb, and about a dozen others. The All-Time Finest category was established for no other reason than to display the finest sets ever assembled. In recent weeks there has been some activity in this area because we have been going through auction catalogues, updating sets, updating coins that have been graded and pedigreed by PCGS, and adding new sets.
It has come to my attention that there are some of you who feel the addition of these sets is unfair to both the members who are currently participating in the Registry and to those who are no longer active but have retired sets in the Registry. The classic sets of Eliasberg et al. will remain in the Registry because there are those who are interested in seeing how their sets compare to the famous collections of the past. They are an important part of numismatic history. We are proud to say that the PCGS Set Registry is home to the finest sets ever assembled, both those of the past (the classic sets of Eliasberg, et al.) and those which have been built in the last seven years. However, there are a number of ways we could display the classic ATF sets which is different from the way we are currently displaying them. I am reviewing a number of these options now.
If you have an opinion on this subject, either you like the current display method or you would like to see it changed, I would really like to hear from you. Any suggestions on how we might achieve an equitable way to display the classic ATF collections would be welcomed. Please email me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
BJ Searls
Set Registry Manager

Comments