Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Showing off my new scanner

So I've been tinkering around with my Epson Stylus CX7400 (all in one) for a few years trying to get better scan qualities with no luck...should've just checked the boards to begin with! Learned a lot from you guys going through old posts. Thanks! It was Dboneesq's scans of his graded cello packs that made me pick the new scanner: Epson Perfection V300. Obvious difference if you ask me!

OLD

NEW

Comments

• Options
    How much did that set you back?The scans are great.
    Mike
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    HUGE difference.

is the new unit an "all in one"?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    NICE! Good luck with it. I never played around with the settings and your scan looks a LOT better than mine!

Would you PM me the settings that you used?

Edited to add: I believe I picked mine up for about $100 delivered. If I remember correctly, I purchased directly from the Epson website ... I even found a coupon code online for free overnight delivery (a $25.00 value).
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How much did that set you back?The scans are great.
    Mike >>

$90 on amazon...LINK
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Not a bad price at all.Thanks for the link.
    Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HUGE difference.

is the new unit an "all in one"? >>

Nope, it's a dedicated scanner.
  • Options
    Scans look great!

I recently upgraded to the $40 "all in one" Canon from Wal-Mart, and it was money well spent. The only problem is that it really likes to pick up the reflection of penny sleeves inside toploaders. I don't really think there's a cure for this other than just scanning the cards in penny sleeves, but I'm not sure if I want to handle 2000+ cards just to rescan them. The only other thing that bugs me about the new one is the little wavy lines that show on refractors - the old one didn't have a prblem with that. Not sure if I'm just not using it correctly or what.

Old:

New:

• Options
    Picked it up for $90 delivered from Ebay...came in like two days!

It's NOT an all-in-one...from the research on the board I learned all-in-ones have generally aren't good for scans.

I didn't mess with the settings at all. Did just as you posted: Took it out of the box, plugged it in, and it was good to go.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I didn't mess with the settings at all. Did just as you posted: Took it out of the box, plugged it in, and it was good to go. >>

Real nice pics. I'm very happy with mine. (Maybe I mistakenly changed one of the settings recently. I'll have to check it out.)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options