Home Stamps Forum
Options

Plating Information (Warning large pic)

I have the following pair of US number 10 or 11. The stamp on the left appears to be Type I and the other Type II (outer frame line on right side only). The left stamp has 3 clear lines on the left, but none on the right.

Is there anyone here who can assist me with identifying what I have?image

Comments

• Options
    It appears that you have a pair of 10A, one with only the left inner line recut and one with only the right inner line recut.
  • Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    Is the color consistent with #10?

Its not clear in the photo, but there are three distinct outer lines on the left stamp, and only a trace of any outer line on the right stamp. The left-stamp has no right outer border, and the right-stamp clearly has one.

Is there a good online reference, with photos, for the various plates? I have a 2008 Scott catalog, which only has descriptions that make no sense to me.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't have any particular ability to separate the 3 cent 1851 issue, but this site may be helpful:

1851 Issue Info

Matt
  • Options
    SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't have any particular ability to separate the 3 cent 1851 issue, but this site may be helpful:

1851 Issue Info

Matt >>

Thanks Matt! That site has a wealth of information! Now, I am really confused!!image