Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Not including topps disc as part of master set - RIDICULOUS!

To whom it may concern,

I see that the Topps test disc was included in the Clemente master set as an "optional" item which doesn't count toward completion!!?? I think it is RIDICULOUS to exclude such a rare prize from the set. While it is true that there will be very few who will ever own one - is that a reason for exclusion? Why not exclude PSA 10 Mantle Rookies? Is it because PSA has chosen to only grade them authentic - so what! They should still be included. Certainly more a Clemente collectible than all the stupid Pirate team cards!!
While I'm on it, - WHO determines the numeric weights "based on the value of the card in NM condition?" - While my list is too exhaustive to begin to complete here (These are all regarding the Clemente set) - I will mention a few of the glaring ones - 1) 1967 punch out stadium background a 9 (2 graded) and plain background an 8 (1 graded) - They should AT LEAST be the same ranking, if not the other way around as the plain background is much harder. 2) 1970 Transogram and 1971 Milk Duds both 7's while 57 Kahns, 59 Kahns, 1960 Bazooka Panel, 1962 Venezuelan are all lower the list goes on and on regarding cards that are more valuable and desirable in NM condition than the Transogram or the milk duds yet with lower numeric values ! 3) 1962 Venezuelan a 5, 1966 Venezuelan a 5, 1967 Venezuelan a 3, 1968 Venezuelan a 3! - First of all According to the PSA pop reporton Topps Venezuelans - 1962 (5 graded 7's - none higher - That's out of all cards submitted!), 1966 (107 graded 7's with 10 higher), 1967 (14 graded 7's with 2 higher), 1968 (17 graded 7's with 2 higher) - Now back to Clemente - As far as Value and difficulty - the 1962 and 1967 Clemente's are the most expensive and not coincidentally the most difficult - followed by the 1968 and The "easiest" if you can use that word with Venezuelan's the 1966. Imho the 66 should remain at a 5 ranking with the 1962 and 1967 moved to a 7 and the 1968 moved to a 6. As stated there are MANY more inconsistencies within the ranking - If anyone at PSA cares for the sake of accuracy please contact me and I will spend the time to go through it with a fine tooth comb to help fix it. Unfortunately, I expect no one but a few diehard collectors will care, some of whom probably don't even bother with the registry set!
I'm curious to hear from others - please weigh in.
A QUESTION FOR OTHER PLAYER MASTER SET HOLDERS - Are there these glaring inconsistencies in your sets too? Please list the player you collect and yes or noimage