Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Possible group reholder sub?

Something mentioned in the Yount thread reminded me that I've got a couple slabs I need to get reholdered, lower-dollar cards.
One is a 86F Canseco RC PSA 10 with a crack in the case. I can't justify paying $5 + $15 shipping on a card that's worth about $20.
I'm guessing this has been done before, but I'd like to get a group reholder order together if there is enough interest. If anyone has any cracked/scuffed slabs that they want re-slabbed, maybe we could send in a group order to save shipping costs. I'd say if we had at least 20, it would make the sub worthwhile.
I'd offer to send it on my number, or if someone else who's organized past group subs wants to take it, that's be fine, too.
Chime in if you have interest.

Comments

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have about 5 cards to re-holder. The cases are scratched up. I'll never understand why people don't cough up the $3 and buy a bag of graded sleeves.

Do you have to be a member for the re-holder service?
    Mike
  • Options
    I'd be interested--I have two or three cards whose cases are cracked.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Good news

Since we can't get this in before the end of NOV, let's see what the Dec specials are and maybe we can put together a lot if they've got a deal
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer on this, I have some that I need reholdered as well. Does anyone know the answers to these questions:

(1) When they reholder, does the numerical grade automatically get placed in the "new" (i.e. as of 1/2 point grading scale) position underneath the grade abbreviation even if the card was graded prior to the 1/2 point grading scale?

(2) I have several 52 black backs that were graded before they designated "black back" on the holder. The sole purpose for me wanting to get these reholdered is to have the black back designated so they will fit into my master set appropriately. Is the "black back" designator part of the reholdering?

Thanks!

-Tom
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Adding to the above questions......

(3) Do you have to pay a seperate return shipping cost for tallboy reholders? (I've got a couple T201,T202's with cracked cases I'd like to reholder)

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    From what I've heard, you can make requests to keep the flip how it was, or they can put it in the new style flip as well, I think
    I'm guessing that tallboy reholders need to be a separate sub (not sure)
  • Options
    Did the group re-holder ever happen?

I also have a tall boy I need to submit.

Also how do you get a submission form if you are not a member?
    Mike
  • Options
    You do not need to be a member to get a card reholdered. But it does cost a lot of money for one or two cards because of the shipping costs. So the idea of a group reholder is worthwhile. This is from the website:

If you are not a Collectors Club member, please contact Customer Service at (800) 325-1121 or info@psacard.com to have a submission form mailed to you.
    I collect PSA graded 1980-81 Basketball.

Successful transactions with bouwob, lifeshouldbefun, SDSportsFan, Bkritz, tsalems1, kwtoz, johnny1976, Topps29, Calaban7, nascar20, bking, bedellsonics, Beck6, Dialj, Echocanyon, mdkuom, gosteelers, artimus.
  • Options
    Thanks Salinas.

If anyone is going to do a tall boy sub let me know.
    Mike
  • Options
    I thought I would resurrect this thread. I plan to do a reholder sub soon. I have 5 regular size cards to have reholdered and 1 tall boy. Is anyone interested in adding to the group sub, especially tall boys?
    Mike
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    I have 1 from my set registry I'd like to do. Let me know.