Home Sports Talk
Options

Another fantasy FB question

Received 4 different trade offers in one league today. I need a running back but have a plethora of receivers. All trades revolve around me giving up either Calvin Johnson (2nd round pick) or Mario Manningham (waiver wire acquisition). Which one would you keep?

Comments

• Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    Keep Calvin, Manningham had no value til now and maybe a flash in the pan. Defences double CJ and he still gets his. Manningham gets to go against D's that stack eight in the box to stop the run, that will soon stop and Manningham's numbers will plummet.
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
    Agreed, keep CJ and trade Mario while he's considered hot. Don't wait too long.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Agreed, keep CJ and trade Mario while he's considered hot. Don't wait too long. >>

Seconded.

He may end up being a stud but considering he's a wavier wire pick-up...

Sell high, buy low.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell high on Manningham. According to KC Joyner he's got VERY tough cornerback matchups for most of the season starting soon.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    I desperately needed a RB so I took the best deal I could get in our league, Manningham for Cadillac Williams.

Tried to trade Johnson for Felix Jones but the dude that has Felix didn't even know who CJ was. Sad part is that he has the highest total score in our league after 2 weeks. He is usually a $300 donation guy.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    $300 league and the guy doesn't know who CJ is? How do I join?

Also, where you drafted someone should have ZERO influence on any trade, unless it matters for keeper purposes. There are PLENTY of guys that fly under the radar at draft time who turn out to be studs. Giants WR corps is extremely weak, no reason to think Manningham can't keep this up.
  • Options

<< <i>$300 league and the guy doesn't know who CJ is? How do I join? >>

12 team league and that dude is the one guy that's in each league that has more money than sense. He drafted Brady with the 2nd overall pick in the draft the day after he got hurt in his last preseason game.