Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card shop recommendations near Hermosa Beach, CA?

I have a business trip there in a couple of weeks and wanted to see if anyone had been to a good card shop in that area. By "good" I mean a decent selection of vintage (1960-1975 in particular) that is not priced at Beckett high value if it is OC with dinged corners.

Thanks in advance
-Neal

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I live a mile from Hermosa Beach. There's a card shop in Lomita called SouthBay Cards. Some of their prices are high, but they have great service and large inventory. There is another place in Manhattan Beach that is more into autographs and photos called Memory Lane Sports...I still haven't made it in the store, but I hear its worth a look. At one time they were big in cards....They might still have some??

Frank And Son's Collectible Shows in City of Industry are always going on every week.

A little farther away in Pomona is the LA Country Fair....A dealer named Honabach and Sons has a display there with a huge inventory of PSA Authenticated jersey's, photos and balls, etc...I have never been to their store, but their contact info is Honabach and Son's, 3857 Schaefer Ave Unit G, Chino, CA 91710 909-590-3713.

Please let me know if you need any directions or info.

brian
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Ignore the blank message.

Memory Lane is close by. South Bay Baseball Cards is 20 minutes drive from Hermosa Beach. There was a card shop in Inglewood, but skip it. It's a time warp to 1992 if it's still around.

I don't know how long a drive you're willing to do.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    +1 for South Bay Sports in Lomita. Those guys are really nice, and a lot of cool stuff to check out in the shop.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Beverly Hills Card Shop is in West LA , a few blocks from Beverly Hills. They usually have a wide selection of cards, from T206's thru new stuff, raw and graded.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Thanks for all of the recommendations! Now if I just didn't have to spend 4 days on-site in Compton...
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Beverly Hills Card Shop is in West LA , a few blocks from Beverly Hills. They usually have a wide selection of cards, from T206's thru new stuff, raw and graded. >>

And Matt, the owner, is a great guy to talk cards with.
  • Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    I had a chance to stop by South Bay yesterday. Compared to local shops in ATL it was paradise. True, you won't find any steals there, but the wow factor and the fact that everything is appropriately priced makes up for it. Thanks to all for the recommendation!