Home Sports Talk
Options

AROD Watch: Will He Get To 100 RBIs?

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
I'm not a big AROD fan, but for some reason, I'd like to see him get to 100 RBIs for the season. He currently has 86 RBIs and the Yankees have 12 games left; so it's easily possible. In this sense, go AROD.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    Doubtful. He usually chokes this time of the year.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Doubtful. He usually chokes this time of the year. >>

Quoted for truthery.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Hatters
  • Options
    Well, AROD is off to a good start. He, thus far, has 2 RBIs tonight.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possible, unless he is given days off after the Yanks clinch the division.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possible. He may go on a tear as soon as the division is clinched, which will promptly turn into a slump once the Division Series starts.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Doubtful. He usually chokes this time of the year. >>

Quoted for truthery. >>

+1

• Options
    dude will choke the bona AGAIN as soon as it hits october....

AMAZING a player as great as AROD has never been to the world series....thst is sayig something....
    not like he has been on the Cubbies or something.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    When was the last time Seattle or the Rangers have been in the WS?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Don't be surprised to see ARod light it up this postseason. Hopefully, the Yankees will be able to put some band aids on the starting pitching and get through a series or two.

In case no one has noticed, try projecting out the stats he's put up the last two months...
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    As much as it pains me to say this, I think the Yankees are going to win it all this year.

I also believe Arod will have a monster post-season.
  • Options
    remember how bad Bonds was in the post season with the Pirates? Eventually he had a monster post season with the Giants, unfortunately they had a crappy team and stood no chance of winning it all. This Yankees team is a very solid team and could very easily go the distance
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Arod is having a solid year especially given the amount time he missed early in the season.
  • Options
    Four (4) RBIs tonight and AROD is up to 93 for the season. Looks like he has a good chance of reaching 100 for the season.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Not only does he have a great shot at 100 RBI, but that would be one hell of a feat considering the action he missed.

He has come up BIG against the Sox and Angels this season, and set a good tone by smacking the first pitch he saw this season for a bomb.

The fact is, more than half his ribbies have put the Yanks up or tied the game.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 3 run homer and a grand slam, both happening in the 6th inning of today's final game, get Arod to exactly 30 HRs and 100RBIs.
  • Options
    ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Nick, you beat me to the punch. I just saw the Yankees box score and thought about this thread right away. Quite a game for A-Rod.
    Brett
  • Options
    Amazing! I wonder if 7 RBIs would be the "record" from most RBIs by a player in their team's final game of the season. I have no idea, but I would not be surprised if it is.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Wow pretty clutch there...

Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder if 7 RBIs would be the "record" from most RBIs by a player in their team's final game of the season. >>

Not sure, but it's probably the "record" for most RBIs by a player named Rodriguez in one inning of their team's final game of the season. LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 is now the new AL record for RBIs in one inning.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Boo. Should have walked him. image
  • Options
    HR's in his first and final swings of the season. Cool. Say what we will about his past post-season struggles, this was a great year for the guy. Curious to see if this momentum carries through in the following weeks...
  • Options
    I certainly HOPE not!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    no
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A-Rod performs best when it matters least. His 7 RBI inning on the last day of the season is so A-Rod! image
  • Options
    Two 2-out RBI hits yesterday. Seems like the momentum of the regular season has carried over. Over 50% of his 100 ribbies this season put the team up or tied the game. On the surface this was not his best statistical year, yet for those of us who've watched closely, it was one of his best.
  • Options
    Hit hit exactly 100! That's pretty funny. image