Home Precious Metals
Options

Koogerand value?

Sort of a newbie with regards to Koogerand value. Are they valued at the one ounce price of gold? or Valued as a gold coin? Maybe I should be on the world coin forum however I like it here better! Precious metals are adored.image

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Krugerrand carries very little numismatic premium, if any at all. Virtually all of the value of a Krugerrand is based on it's gold content. It's made of .916 fine gold (just like the American Gold Eagle) so it's physical dimensions are a tad larger than the American Buffalo, Canadian Maple and other gold coins made of .999 fine gold. Takes a bigger coin to make 1oz gold if it's .916 than it does if it's .999. They are extremely recognizable and well known and because of the low premium constitute a good buy for the purposes of gold bullion.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Only down side I ever heard on them is the alloy content and of course the "politics". To me gold is GOLD!
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Take a look at the current prices for various 1oz gold coins at Apmex right now. Keep in mind all of these coins have the exact same amount of gold in them. The numbers speak loudly. By these examples only the Libertad is priced with a lower premium.

American Gold Eagle - $1058.25
    Canadian Gold Maple Leaf - $1056.25
    Mexican Gold Libertad - $1041.59
    American Gold Buffalo - $1166.45
    Australian Gold Kangaroo - $1056.60
    Chinese Gold Panda - $1061.59
    Austrian Gold Philharmonic - $1056.25
    South African Gold Krugerrand - $1046.45
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll check out Ampex site, never looked at it before. I have one Kooderand, thought it was stamped .999 fine. You learn something every day.
  • Options
    It's your coin is spelled Koogerand or Kooderand you got problems man.
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's your coin is spelled Koogerand or Kooderand you got problems man. >>

Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    Just spelling impaired.