Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Game: Find the worst fake auto on ebay

I vote for this one. dude didn't even try.

Bradshaw Auto
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you choose to waste your money and send one of my items to an 'expert authenticator' and the item somehow fails authentication, I will gladly refund the purchase price of the item, minus shipping costs. I do not pay for authentication costs. Other than that, please read my return policy. >>

He seems to have some pent up anger at 3rd party grading, I wonder why?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    is that 3 names like an assassin??

Terry Brad Shaw??
    Marc David Chapman
    John Wilkes Booth?
  • Options
    He doesn't like autograph authentication, but it looks like he likes PSA
  • Options
    It amazes me that a guy could just run a auto like that and not get something from EBAY. Maybe the only autos on EBAY should be trusted 3rd party authenticated or issued by major card companies.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you're a Pirates fan and Clemente collector you might have to vote for this one -

clemente baseball

• Options
    Steve Young photo lot, 2 signed.

The USFL does not actually look bad. Young's signature did look just like that around his USFL era. The second photo is possibly the worst Steve Young fake I have seen. Like they didn't even look up what Young's signature is suppose to look like.

ebay linky
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, because everyone knows Terry signs his name with an X

LOL
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    At first I thought the signature was "Lerry Brad Shaw." LOL.

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I emailed the seller of the clemente "signed" ball and he reassured me that his is real, my psa/dna examples are not legit, and that perhaps I should brush up on my skills if I think I know anything about clemente signatures.

I guess now that the clemente is legit I should vote for the brad shaw.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    TTT.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a scan of it saved, but several years ago I saw a fake Jerry Porter Pacific rookie autograph. Pacific's autographs that year had a foil stamp on the front indicating that they were certified autos, and none were serial numbered. The seller had serial numbered (in pen) his fake auto, and there was no foil stamp. Then there's the fact that Porter's signature is a fairly ornate JP with his uniform number , while the fake was painstakingly spelled out in full. The sleazebag had the audacity to tell me that he pulled it himself from a pack when I emailed him to tell him it was a bad fake.

I guess checking anything for accuracy is too much work if you're a scammer.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Steve Young photo lot, 2 signed.

The USFL does not actually look bad. Young's signature did look just like that around his USFL era. The second photo is possibly the worst Steve Young fake I have seen. Like they didn't even look up what Young's signature is suppose to look like.

ebay linky >>

The USFL sig is very similar in style to the on on the '83 BYU (pre-concussion) helmet that I have.
  • Options
    Love that Clemente, how long did it take him to make it look old?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel really bad for the person that bought this card. They thought they got a deal and even put a second bid on it. In the past, when you could tell who was bidding on things, I would contact bidders that were being suckered with fake Emmitt sigs. Most listened, some didn't.

This fake is pathetic. Not even close to say the least.

Fake

Real

• Options
    Is 90% too low a figure for fakes on ebay?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Steve Young photo lot, 2 signed.

ebay linky >>

The USFL sig is very similar in style to the on on the '83 BYU (pre-concussion) helmet that I have. >>

Yeah, I think the first is good.

Here is the one on eBay and one I have that Young signed in the mail circa ~1986-1992 (which is also PSA/DNA certified). I think of this style of Young signature as pre-Super Bowl (rather then pre-concussion..lol), as it is likely fair to say he changed a little a couple years before his 1995 Super Bowl. (I like his current sig. the best).

imageimage

I know you know a little about Young, Scott and have a few sigs., so I appreciate you confirming my thoughts.

Clear Skies,
    Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Really bad Gonzalez autograph. Looks nothing like Gonzo's sig. High feedback seller.

eBay linky
  • Options
    I would bet he bought those in bulk and just doesnt sort out the bad from the good. Alot of those autos are of players that nobody cares about so I am assuming those are real?
  • Options
    Most, if not all of this guys stuff is fake. Although he does try real hard on some of his stuff.

Fakester..........

• Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    How about this fake Cheikh Samb autograph??

Oh wait, that is Antawn Jamison's autograph...not a fake, just bad quality control at Fleer.image