Home Sports Talk

Romo Doin' What He Does Best...Part II

ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
24 points (and counting) off of turnovers. 21 of those following 3 Romo picks. eesh!

Two weeks in a row...0 sacks, 0 takeaways, over 400 yds of offense allowed. The "D" in "Big D" certainly doesn't stand for defense. For you fellow Cowboy fans who think this is a good team and things are going to work out, you are only deluding yourselves. 7-9 is probably the best this group can do. As long as Jerry Jones is the owner, this is what we must expect.

They managed to open the new stadium in nearly as humiliating fashion as they closed the old one. Big D? D-isgraceful.
Brett

Comments

• ymareaymarea Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Oh well. Such is life. I refuse to let my happiness be determined by how well the Stinkboys do. What do I care anyway? I'm not the one who's spent billions driving this franchise into the dirt.
    Brett
  • WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    One pick was off a shoe and one other looked like a WR didn't do what he was supposed to do. I thought the Cowboys did pretty well against a team that
    many are picking to go to the Super Bowl.

It does suck to open a new stadium with an L.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feels so sad for Jerry Jones

• rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>One pick was off a shoe and one other looked like a WR didn't do what he was supposed to do. I thought the Cowboys did pretty well against a team that many are picking to go to the Super Bowl. It does suck to open a new stadium with an L. >>

Excerpt from an ESPN staff writer after the Dallas loss:

"....but late in the third quarter, Romo and the Cowboys had a chance to put the Giants away. With a first-and-10 from the Giants' 46-yard line, Romo inexplicably threw a deep ball to Sam Hurd, who was bracketed by two defenders. Safety Kenny Phillips made the easiest interception of his career, which happened to be his second of the evening -- and the Giants were given new life...."

rd

imageimageimageimageWho Knows? - Band of Gypsys imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageSting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free imageimageimageimage
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Hmm. It's not December and Jessica wasn't in the stands. I thought those were required elements of a Tony Romo meltdown.
    Regarding the pick that went off Witten's shoe, it was caused by Romo's horrible throw which was way behind the wide open Witten. If the throw had been on target, or even close, that INT would not have occurred.

I refuse to be a Romo apologist. He has made bonehead mistakes week after week and seems to never learn from them. Romo has enough experience now that we can clearly see what we're getting with him. He's an extremely talented QB who has no understanding of ball security. He is a turnover machine. Not one of his 3 picks yesterday came as the result of serious pressure. Romo needs to learn to either throw the ball out of bounds or, better yet, RUN when there is nothing downfield. Sadly, he has shown that he is now fully developed as a player and fans can not realistically expect any improvement in his play.
    Brett
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    After being called out for basically saying that he didn't really care about not making the plaoffs last year by alot of cowboy HOF's why would he care now????????

I like these two quotes by him

I think some guys have the ability to learn from themselves and get better. Those are the guys that last a long time and continue to improve in this league and in sports in general.

TONY ROMO, ESPN interview, May 22, 2008

If something in sports is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've lived a pretty good life.

TONY ROMO, USA Today, Jul. 27, 2007

That last quote summed up his response to getting beat last Dec by the Eagles.

Romo doesn't realize that millions of people live and die with this team and the goal is to win. He just likes to have fun and plays with abandon. Managing the game?????? Where's the fun in that????? He still gets to go home with a model and makes millions.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

That is actually funny Barry. I had a good laugh image
    Funny, yes...because it's true. image

One must have a sense of humor these days to be a Cowboy fan.
    Brett
    Romo (almost) single-handedly cost the Cowboys another game. The line: 1 fumble inside the Dallas 20 to gift wrap a Denver TD; 1 INT inside the Denver 20 to cost Dallas at least 3 points; 5 sacks, 3 of which (including the strip sack which lead to Denver's first score) were entirely Romo's fault as he held the ball way too long; a host of overthrown/underthrown passes in the second half that helped bring the Dallas offense to a grinding halt.

Personally, I'm sick of that guy. What more does he have to do to prove that he is not a championship calibre QB? Dallas CAN not and WILL not win wih Romo at QB.

I suppose I ought to be happy. I predicted a 7-9 season for the Suckboys. At 2-2 they are ahead of the pace! My life stinks.
    Brett
  • To me it's not so much Romo as it is Jerry Jones. If it hadn't have been for Jimmy Johnson being in Dallas the first 4 years after Jones bought the team then Jones would have accomplished nothing in twenty years of owning the team. Jones needs to hire a GM and get out of personnel decisions but his ego will never allow it. Oh well another season down the drain.

Matt
    Matt,

I agree with you 100% I have been trumpeting that call for years now. As long as Jones owns the team, they will never again be champs. Romo is but a symptom of a greater problem...Jones' meddling!
    Brett
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Romo (almost) single-handedly cost the Cowboys another game. The line: 1 fumble inside the Dallas 20 to gift wrap a Denver TD; 1 INT inside the Denver 20 to cost Dallas at least 3 points; 5 sacks, 3 of which (including the strip sack which lead to Denver's first score) were entirely Romo's fault as he held the ball way too long; a host of overthrown/underthrown passes in the second half that helped bring the Dallas offense to a grinding halt.

Personally, I'm sick of that guy. What more does he have to do to prove that he is not a championship calibre QB? Dallas CAN not and WILL not win wih Romo at QB.

I suppose I ought to be happy. I predicted a 7-9 season for the Suckboys. At 2-2 they are ahead of the pace! My life stinks. >>

I 100% agree. Romo either held on to the ball too long, didn't recognize the blitz, or missed on his throws. Had he just made the easy completions the Cowboys walk away with a victory.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To me it's not so much Romo as it is Jerry Jones. If it hadn't have been for Jimmy Johnson being in Dallas the first 4 years after Jones bought the team then Jones would have accomplished nothing in twenty years of owning the team. Jones needs to hire a GM and get out of personnel decisions but his ego will never allow it. Oh well another season down the drain.

Matt >>

The 95 season along w/ the Sanders signing gave Jones a false sense of confidence and the ability to run a francise. Maybe when his son is in control things will be different.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats to the Cowboys - last place in the NFC East. Ah Ha Ha Ha...............................
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a Cowboy far forever (1960) I feel the pain. I don't like Jerry Jones, but he did bring in Jimmy J. and the team that dominated the 90's and win 3 Super's.

BUT, Romo has to go. He stinks and we will never win the big one with him. I don't care what the announcers say about "give him time" "look how good he has done for only his 3rd year"

Lets look at what he has done. Every game that mattered he seemed to lose by not taking care of the ball or throwing into coverage!!!!!!

Wish we could find another Troy who was the best quarterback ever period!!!