Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Will Someone Please Explain "New Member vs. Member vs. Collector vs. Vet. vs. Senior Member!!!

As a one year member of psa and only a few months on this forum, I have wondered how these designations are earned or acquired....

Will someone please explain this for me.

Thank you in advance,

John.....jml517-ebay

"Life goes on within you and without you"

-----------------------------

I need 6 cards for my 1961 topps set in any grade.
#'s 110, 112, 119, 133, 154, 355.

Comments

• Options
    motocrosser - I can tell you that the designations given to individuals who post is determined strictly by the number of posts made. I can't tell you how many posts you need in order to obtain a certain label. I don't pay much attention to these designations, as you will find who is knowledgeable and who is not the more time you spend on the boards.
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    PINHIGH is right, the more posts you make your "status" improves. I usually go by the quality of the response of the post as opposed to how many posts they have made...jay
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Motocrosser, here you go...

New Member 0
    Member 20
    Senior Member 200
    Veteran 500
    Collector 1000
    Expert Collector 2500
    Master Collector 5000
    Choose Your Title 10000

The numbers are the number of posts required to achieve a given title.
  • Options
    Hmmm

Choose your own?

The mind runs rampant with the possibilities.
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Yes, but the comments should be weighted. Thegemmintman's would be a 9 because he actually imparted hard information. This one would be a 1 because it's a "filler" comment, but it gets my completion percentage 5% closer to "Member" status.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    I think that if I got up to 10,000 posts I would choose "Too much time on my hands" for the title.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    Well said Wayne.....why in the world would there be a ranking on how many post a person makes......you could make 400 posts a day, but if they're just posts for the sake of getting a certain ranking.....that's silly.....anyway.....here's my post for the day.image
    1963 Topps ~THE JOHN MCLEOD COLLECTION
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    Wayne and Sayitaintso Joe I think it all about the numbers in sports it all about how many
    home runs or how many points or how many goals you score. With collectors it's all about
    who has the most toys. So with the message board it's the same thing for some people to
    see there name up on the message board 10,000 times it's there life dream, to others people
    like me it's just away to set back and relax and talk about one thing in life that I love collecting cards.

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    If I ever hit the plateau that I can choose my title, it surely would be "DIVORCE"...jay
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Are you saying that I don't have a life?

I don't. But are you saying that?
  • Options
    Vargha - Are you kidding - I try to live my life vicariously through you. It's those 1972 guys that I worry about.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    so it really should read:

New 0
    collector 20
    avid collector 200
    obsessed collector 500
    insane collector 1000
    "out of work" Collector 2500
    addicted Collector 5000
    institutionalized Collector 10000
    imageimage
  • Options
    BigKid

That would be funny...if it wasn't the truth! LOL
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>Are you saying that I don't have a life? I don't. But are you saying that? >>

This is the funniest post I have ever read on these boards...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    ScoopScoop Posts: 168
    I too, enjoy this hobby...especially the set collecting aspect. This forum is IMO one of the greatest ways to keep informed about all the trends in the hobby today, and in the future.

One of the best ways for those of us seeking to learn about these trends and nuances is to shut up (for the most part) and listen to those who are more knowledgeable. What better way to do that than read the posts here (humor and debate, unlike personal attacks, always welcome).

I do think, however, that the more voices the better; and that anyone, no matter how much a novice, can contribute to this forum. With that said, my vote is for quality, not quantity.

Happy to be a new member, Scoop.
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • Options
    Welcome to the board Scoop,

Contributions and humor are always welcome
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>Contributions and humor are always welcome >>

Unless you are posting to one of Nipper's Threads... then it better be important!
    imageimage