Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The other reason to collect 70s sets

The players had more style then than any other era. I collect the 75 set in 7s because the money saved affords me a few luxuries like this:

Oscar-winning Afro

Rocky Bridges and your wire-brushcut, eat your heart out.
WANTED:
2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay

Comments

• Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Yea, Oscar's got quite the fro, so glad we are now more practical. The 70's sets are also a great collectable because they are the end of an era in card manufacturing not only life-styes. Begining in 1981 two other companies added or began the glut of cards now available. The 73 set is the last one issued in series, several times a year, now each company issues a whole set every six weeks, or so it seems. The 1980 set, almost 70's or 79 plus 1, is the last major set issued by the grand old monopoly Topps. The 70's have great players at the end of their days and some super rookies also. The sets have some centering problems and/or chipping problems thus making them a bit of a challenge to complete in a nice grade. These sets are still a good deal more economical than the stuff from the 50s or 60s too. Good luck on the 75 set.
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭
    Yeh, Oscr is so cool with that fro I like the 75 Topps set the cards are so colorful make
    you wonder if the card designer wasn't smoking something back then, but then again
    who wasn't not me I wasn't even born yet. Man I still get sick think about missing
    out on the 70's. I once asked my dad about the 70's he told me he didn't
    remember much. Man those had to be some cool times to not remember 10 years
    of your life. Peace dudes!!!