Home Precious Metals
Options

Just made my first Gold/Silver Purchase ever

Im a baseball card guy so please excuse my ignorance, but decided to purchase 5 oz. of gold (5-buffalos )and 40oz. of silver (20-buffalos and 20-american eagles). im starting to get very concerned with the value of the dollar and of course inflation on the horizon. I purchased via APMEX as they had the lowest commisions that I could find. As a newbie, just curious if there is anywhere better to purchase gold and silver, and if I made a bad purchase buying at all-time highs on both gold and silver.

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry about the spot price when you bought, just keep buying and it'll even out. Apmex is a very good place to buy from. eBay is ok if you search for the good deals or use the cashback thing and get a rebate. The BST here is a great place to shop for PM's as well.
  • Options
    If you buy direct from people here, those with 1000+ posts and can provide references of other board members whom they have dealt with you will both eliminate the middle man.

Otherwise, bulliondirect.com has only 2% commission between buyer/seller. You might also wish to consider if you want records kept on all your purchases. maybe cash in/ cash out would be a better way to go for some of it.

That said. Interested in a 100ox engelhard?
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Matt. Nice see a fellow card collector get into pms. Buffalos carry a sort of high premium but they are 24k,very popular and gorgeous coins in hand. Don't worry about the high price so much, most importantly your in the game. image Apmex is a very trustworthy company. I also like Gainsville coins, and Tulving for large purchases.