Home Precious Metals
Options

Comrades, wot is 800 pound gorilla?

renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
I hear 800 pound gorilla can be in same room and no one see. In old country we run like he// if gorilla in room. Why no one run here in Amerika? I read about gorilla here everyday, bot nobody speak of it on tv. I see gorilla everywhere and no one point. You smart comrades know what gorilla is. You comrades teach Renski much. I wish Amerika can learn of 800# gorilla before too late.

Comrade Renski

Comments

• Options
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Very cool link in the second post!
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>SHHHHH! Keep it under covers comrade >>

U r 1 smrt comrade, robski.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭
    That 800 lb. gorilla is about to sit on us and the rest of the world knows it.

The continued printing of money out of thin air has pulled us out of economic downturns for the past couple of decades. The average American thinks "and this to shall pass." As the debt clock shows, we are past bankrupt. If it was not so sad, it would be funny.

While our politicians try to hide the truth, while many so called experts and economists say all will be ok in time, and while the majority of Americans remain oblivious to what is happening, those who control our future (China and other foreign countries that buy our debt) are preparing for the collapse of the American economy.

It will be bad, even for those preparing, but when the dust settles, they will be the new world leaders. China can defeat the United States and the Western World without firing a single shot.

Many on this board will agree while some will write that this is America and we will overcome. I love this country but I will no longer stick my head in the sand and believe all will be ok just because we are America. That debt and liability clock does not lie. Unless, every entitlement program is slashed, fraud and waste are removed, and taxes on everyone are raised, we do not stand a chance in paying off our debt and funding SS, Medicare, and other liabilities.

Call me Mr. Sunshine.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, inappropriate post removed.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the pretty charts.........

Mathematics Don't Lie...Politicians Do

a GDP that grows at 5% annually and debt that grows at the actual compound rate it has grown since 1953, 8.7946%.

Question - what % of GDP as Debt can the system stand?

(Comrades! - is gorilla question, winner get banana!). image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    the "circling the drain" has only just begun.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

http://history1900s.about.com/od/photographs/tp/greatdepressionpictures

My daddy use to tell me of these times. People back then knew how to work & grow a crop etc.

Look at these pictures and put today's people in them.image
    Avid collector of GSA's.