Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Has anyone's cards been deleted from the Player Master set...

Just curious if PSA has started deleting cards from the player master sets.

Collecting all Nolan Ryan PSA 10's

Comments

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    no on my Yaz Master Set...currently #1
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Yes on Perez, they recently deleted 1981 A.S. cut out card panel from the set.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, on the Johnny Bench master set they deleted my 1969 Milton Bradley perforated panel, all of the 1981 and 1982 All Star program cut panels, the 1981 Scratch off panels, and 1971 Dell stamp panel.
  • Options
    I believe that they have removed six or seven from the Hank Aaron Master set
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    No on Jim Rice.

Are they going alphabetically? For those who had cards removed from sets are there still other cards that need to be removed?
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    1982 fleer stamp panels on the rose so far...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    The day after Joe posted the thread that he would handle on a case by case basis, I sent Cosetta an email with the deletion request of the all-star panel variations from the Murphy master set. She said they'd review and get back to me. Doesn't look like anything's been deleted yet. I'm glad to hear that these are being deleted in other sets though; maybe just a matter of time.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little confused. PSA removed all of the 1981 Topps Scratch-Off Panels from the Johnny Bench Master set a few weeks ago. Today, they added them back.
  • Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Looks like they just modified the Clemente master set.

I don't have a before / after comparison although I can immediately tell they removed a '71 Dell stamp panel, a '69 Milton Bradley panel, and a '69 Topps Stamp panel.

Scott

• Options
    Today, the Mickey Mantle Master Registry Set went from 208 cards to 206.

The 1968 Topps Plak Checklist #1 was deleted.

The 1967 Topps Test Discs (authentic only) is now optional and not calculated in the grade or the percent completion of the set.

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Re: Clemente Master set

They also took out the 1968 Topps Action All Star Panel - Clemente/Mays/Short
  • Options
    I know this is probably not the right place to say this, but I think it's hilarious that people will decide whether or not to buy a card based on whether it has been included in the PSA registry.
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    In the Lou Brock Master Set Registry , one card has been deleted so far ........ 1973 Kellogg's Panel ( I believe I was the only one that had one in their set ) !
    Robbie
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    I understand that the sheer volume of player sets makes this a difficult and time-consuming task, but it's kind of frustrating to me anyway. There are a number of cards I currently "need" but I'm loathe to purchase them or send them in for grading until I know what will be and what won't be part of the final registry composite.
  • Options

<< <i>I know this is probably not the right place to say this, but I think it's hilarious that people will decide whether or not to buy a card based on whether it has been included in the PSA registry. >>

Clearly, you're not addicted to the same drug the rest of us are. The Set Registry is . . .
  • Options

<< <i>I understand that the sheer volume of player sets makes this a difficult and time-consuming task, but it's kind of frustrating to me anyway. There are a number of cards I currently "need" but I'm loathe to purchase them or send them in for grading until I know what will be and what won't be part of the final registry composite. >>

///////////////////////////////

Hi Chad,

Many of us are feeling the same pain, so to speak. I recently sent Cosetta an email inquiring about a couple Mantle cards that are part of the Mickey Mantle Master Registry Set. She responded immediately with the following (in quotes):

"Hi Poppa"

The goal is to remove any item that is a non-manufacturer issue variation as being required multiple times within the set. For example, the Fleer Stamps issue comes in a sheet format, depending on how a collector cut the sheet up, the number of ‘varieties’ cut to include a certain player can be manipulated. For this issue, there would be one line item required; a member can list the single player or any collector made variety as an either/or option.

Each issue is reviewed on a case-by-case basis as we update the master player sets. While I don’t have a specific list of soon-to-be-eliminated items, I am happy to review any item that you are questioning.

The 1960 Bazooka has the potential to list as three separate line items. Here is how it would look;
    1960 BAZOOKA MICKEY MANTLE HAND CUT *single & non-manufactured combo either/or will be accepted in this spot
    1960 BAZOOKA PANEL MANTLE/HOBBIE/MCMILLAN HAND CUT *3-card panel as issued by manufacturer
    1960 BAZOOKA MICKEY MANTLE COMPLETE BOX *a complete box listing Mantle will be accepted **please note this item is currently not part of the composite and, once graded, a member will need to request this addition.

The 1962-65 Jay Publishing varieties listings do not fall into the parameters of items that need reviewing. The varieties listed are issued from the manufacturer and cataloged as such.

Thank you,
    Cosetta Robbins
    Assistant Set Registry Manager
    Collectors Universe Inc.
    (800) 325-1121 ext #148
    (949) 833-7660 fax"

Why not send her a small list? You just might get the answers your looking for!

PoppaJ

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Thanks for the info, PoppaJ. I'll do that.