Home Precious Metals
Options

I sold most of my position in Yamana Gold today

Last time it got this high TPTB engineered a nasty sell off and the stock tanked over 30% so I decided to take my 60% profit and run, now watch Gold climb $500 in the next couple months and Yamana double in price.image

Comments

• Options
    I try to remember what an old timer told me once " You never go wrong taking a profit". image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make yourself feel better and buy some bullion with the proceeds!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously. Nothing wrong at all with taking a profit like that. Good for you. Buy something tangible with the money! image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to lose by taking a nice profit. Maybe I should have done the same! But you WILL get a chance in the next few weeks or months to buy it back cheaper imo. I decided to hold on to my AUY a little longer. There is still too much bullishness (imo) lingering in the charts (GLD and GDX). Plus copper, oil, SM, interest rates, are still pushing up as well. And the key item: the dollar just made another new interim low while knocking on the 75.99 door. But the dollar is getting close to completing a series of 5 legs down any day here.

I also feel that Yamana is lagging behind fellow intermediates Eldorado and IAG which have both hit new highs for the year and have been darlings as of late. It wasn't long ago that EDO got a horrendous smackdown with a poor quarterly report and a stock dilution. Things change. Yamana has already exceeded $12 a while back so I'd like to see them at least get closer to $12 (now at $11.40 or so). Too many other leading miners are at yearly highs and AUY is no dog imo (new highs for BVN, KGC, GSS, IAG, EDO, GG, AEM, SLW, SSRI, CDE, HL, RGLD, etc.). Right now it still looks like miners are leading physical gold.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I have felt that Yamana was undervalued especially compared to other miners but for some reason it has a hard time breaking through.
    Of course I remember watching it fall to under $4 a share in March and wanted to buy a bunch more but resisted, of course in hindsight it was a steal but Ford was an even bigger steal and I skipped buying them too.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Last time it got this high TPTB engineered a nasty sell off and the stock tanked over 30% so I decided to take my 60% profit and run, now watch Gold climb $500 in the next couple months and Yamana double in price.image >>

Nice Score anyway.
  • Options

<< <i>Last time it got this high TPTB engineered a nasty sell off and the stock tanked over 30% so I decided to take my 60% profit and run, now watch Gold climb $500 in the next couple months and Yamana double in price.image >>

congrats on the smart move!
    Singapore & Hong Kong March/April
    Hong kong/Long Beach JUNE Table #838
    MACAU
    emgworldwide@gmail.com
    Cell: 512.808.3197
    EMERGING MARKET GROUP
    PCGS, NGC, CCE & NCS, CGC, PSA, Auth. Dealer
  • Options
    Yup, you sold basically at the peak. And you can already buy it back at a 10% discount. It's also still possible that we could see a week or so pull back followed by one last run to a new high in early October. It's not out of the question.

roadrunner
  • Options

<< <i>Yup, you sold basically at the peak. And you can already buy it back at a 10% discount. It's also still possible that we could see a week or so pull back followed by one last run to a new high in early October. It's not out of the question.

roadrunner >>

It doesn't happen very often, Roadrunner do you think that the stock market and Gold stocks like Yamana will go up and down together or will there be a disconnect with mining stocks advancing while the stock market tanks like the 1930's???
  • Options
    I think eventually a disconnect will occur but probably not this next time the SM moves down. Gold will have to go to a new level as the derivative mess jumps to a new level. Who knows when that tangled D's mess goes into warp dive?

roadrunner
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    what a great call that was. congrats!
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did that with PAL in my IRA too. Sold at $9 dropped to $2 and bought back in.
    Also Sold TIE a few years back and proceeded to climb over 1000% upimage
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>what a great call that was. congrats! >>

Like I said it doesn't happen very often, if Yamana falls another buck or two I might jump back in or maybe put some money into GDX as I'm sitting on a bunch of cash right now.