Home PSA Set Registry Forum

To all those 1963 Topps Set Collectors, "Matt & Brett's" set is going for sale on Ebay

Just thought I'd give the 1963 Topps collectors a heads up that my set is going up for sale on Ebay over the next couple of weeks. It's currently ranked 3rd in the Set Registry listing with over 25% of the cards and contains primarily 8's (overall grade 7.90). While it doesn't have a Rose, Koufax, Clemente or Mantle it does have a majority of the remaining stars.

My hope is to get #1-#250 on Ebay by tomorrow night and the rest of the set out there next Sunday.

Steve

Comments

• Hi Steve,
    I just checked out your set, NICE.

I'm interested in many cards in your set, will you consider selling some individually?

I have many of the same cards, although not in the same grade so buying the whole set would
    be out of the question. I have over 200 dups. from my 61 set.

Please email me if you will sell any.
    Thanks
    John

j.jlinnens@verizon.net
    jlinnens@capecod.net

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am going to put them up individually.....which is keeping me pretty busy!

Steve
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    what is your ebay id?

(so we can find the card auctions)
    imageimage
  • bleacherbumbleacherbum Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Yeah, I guess that would help. It's Bleacher_Bum.
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    thanks~
    imageimage
  • We're gonna miss you on the 63 Set registry Steve. There are not very many 63 sets registered, and it's gonna be a shame to lose a quality set such as yours. Good luck on your other sets!!
    1963 Topps ~THE JOHN MCLEOD COLLECTION
  • You have some very nice 63's that i need so ill be bidding. imageimage If you want to sell the card listed below now then just email me a price and a scan of the card to: ************@yahoo.com

1963 TOPPS #1 NL BATTING LEADERS PSA 8.

• bleacherbumbleacherbum Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Footballdude,
    Thanks for the interest, but I'm going to let everyone take a fair shot at all the cards. All the auctions are going to start at $1 and there will be no reserve.

Steve
  • bleacherbum, i just thought id ask. ill be bidding in your auctions. thanks for the reply.image
  • Well, half of my set is almost sold. Nos. 1 - 299 are currently up on Ebay and will end tomorrow night. The rest of the set is queued up to kick off tomorrow night. To all those using the Set Registry, I'll make sure I delete my set tomorrow night so you can update yours.

Steve
    "Matt & Brett's Collection"
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    It's probably something my brain is just too fried to remember right now, but what do the numbers separated by a slash after the card name and number mean (e.g., 169/243)?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • I just thought I'd help out people with the current pop reports. I'm using it to reflect the total number of cards that are PSA 8's vs. the total number of cards graded.

Steve
    Thanks.
    I'm surprised the percentage of 8s is up over 2/3 on some of these cards.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Nick,
    For commons, it doesn't make sense to submit them unless you're almost positive you're going to receive an 8 or better. I think that accounts for the high percentages. PSA 7's sell for next to nothing.

Steve

bleacher - yes, but consider how many people overgrade their cards, and have the card they were confident would be an 8 come back as a 7 or as a qualified 8 (or even a qualified 9). I've seen a lot of 8(PD) cards with "fish eyes" on dealer tables from the '63 set.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.