Home Sports Talk
Options

Can No One See That JaMarcus Russell Is A HORRIBLE QB?

JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
The game might be tied 10-10, but can no see that JaMarcus Russell is a bad QB?

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Get over it, he is a hell of a player.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    He definitely got robbed of a touchdown.

Whatever happened to both feet down, posession in the end zone = touchdown?

The receiver starts falling down, and the ball touches the ground and they call it incomplete?

If he had quickly spiked it, it would have been a touchdown- Raiders got robbed!
  • Options
    I agree that was a super bogus call on the TD in the first half. However, their D let them down twice at the ends of halves .
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a TD!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    12 for 21, 61 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs and 22.6 Rating. And, of course, 23-3 loss to Denver.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    "The greatness of the Raid'ahs will continue" image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Maybe this pick along with Bey not working out will drive Davis away from running the team.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Russell over Garcia... image
  • Options
    His rookie season was basically wasted in a ridiculous contract holdout and I think he is still
    feeling the effects of that.
  • Options
    If he doesn't start taking his career serious it will all be a waste.

Nobody wants a lard butt, lazy QB who can't read defenses.

I think he held out for so much money because he A. Knew that Al Davis was in love with him and B. Knew that he didn't care enough to work hard enough to succeed so get as much up front as possible.

Really the Raiders are out of excuses, they have good RB's, young but competent WR's and a D that keeps them in games.

I am sure the coach will get the blame once 1-7 hits.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favrotie team is Denver. Denver has been medicore since Elway retired. Mediocrity may well continue for Denver this year.

One thing that has helped me deal with a medicore Denver team over the past decade is the fact that "The Raidas" have been oh so much worseimage

The life time series record between the two teams still favors the Raiders by a wide margin, but the doormat status of Denver in the 1960's and early 1970's has been reversed. The margin has been getting smaller every year. Oakland has been so bad for so long (Gruden years excepted) that the slogan "Commitment To Excellence" is comical. Nothing will change in Raiderland until Al Davis passes on and control of the team passes to someone else.

What will be interesting to see is what will happen between the Raiders on the one hand and the City Of Oakland/County of Alameda on the other hand when the current 16 year lease that the team signed to play at the Oakland Colesium expires after the 2010 season. If Al Davis is still in control of the team, he might move the team again (maybe this time he will actually move the team to the gravel pit in Irwindale).
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    JaMarcus Russell = good reason for a rookie salary cap.
  • Options

<< <i>My favrotie team is Denver. Denver has been medicore since Elway retired. Mediocrity may well continue for Denver this year.

One thing that has helped me deal with a medicore Denver team over the past decade is the fact that "The Raidas" have been oh so much worseimage

The life time series record between the two teams still favors the Raiders by a wide margin, but the doormat status of Denver in the 1960's and early 1970's has been reversed. The margin has been getting smaller every year. Oakland has been so bad for so long (Gruden years excepted) that the slogan "Commitment To Excellence" is comical. Nothing will change in Raiderland until Al Davis passes on and control of the team passes to someone else.

What will be interesting to see is what will happen between the Raiders on the one hand and the City Of Oakland/County of Alameda on the other hand when the current 16 year lease that the team signed to play at the Oakland Colesium expires after the 2010 season. If Al Davis is still in control of the team, he might move the team again (maybe this time he will actually move the team to the gravel pit in Irwindale). >>

Amen to that
  • Options
    LSU hatters
  • Options
    12 for 33, 128 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs and 48.5 Rating (so he improved from last week). And, of course, 29-6 loss to Houston.

=====

And then, I found this column posted shortly after the NFL draft.

Heyward-Bey drafted before Crabtree

"This is a guy that I had targeted a month ago," Cable said. "He's the one guy who's made everyone better around him. We needed the ability to throw the ball over people's head and JaMarcus has obviously shown he can out-throw most everything. This is a guy now who can go run that down and catch it."

"I don't know why I moved ahead of those guys, but definitely the Raiders saw something in me," Heyward-Bey said. I feel like I had the qualities to be the best receiver in the class. I know people look at the stats and everything, but just playing in the pro-style offense and having the skills and being able to be taught and listen and work hard, I felt like I was definitely at the top."

And, Mr. Heyward-Bey? 3 games, 1 reception for 18 yards and 1 rush for 20 yards (all of which happened today).

But so what, Heyward-Bey has his guaranteed $23.5 million.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    This is ridiculous! Bench him!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please change the title too "Can No One See That JaMarcus Russell Is A horrible QB?"
  • Options
    Hi Perkdog,

Yes, you are correct. HORRIBLE is more appropriate!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Perkdog,

Yes, you are correct. HORRIBLE is more appropriate!

/s/ JackWESQ >>

imageimage
  • Options
    he probably ranks in the mid 40s of active NFL qbs.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Russell actually had a good QB rating of 85.4 today as he went 8 for 13 with 100 yards, 0 TDs and 0 INTs. Unfortunately, he was also sacked 6 times and lost 3 fumbles. Wow. And, of course, the 44-7 pounding by the Giants.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    I hope Jeff Garcia's phone is ringing...
  • Options
    Let's see Cable is about to be charged with felony assault. Davis is undeniably crazy. Their QB has lost all confidence, is overweight and doesn't work hard. Their last 3 #1 picks look like dog doo. Raider nation is just unbelievably sad. I kinda feel bad for these guys.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if L.A. would even want its two former teams back.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't recall a greater disparity in talent in the NFL this season between teams like Oak, St. Louis and TB and the rest of the league. Washington is almost as bad, too. and would be 0-5 if they hadn't played a cupcake schedule.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    I have been a loyal raider fan since George Blanda was the regular QB. To have witnessed the greatness and the championship teams with all the past great players and now see what is happening is painful. Russell has the mobility of an offensive tackle. He has butter fingers. Get some of that sticky stuff Fred Biletnikoff had used........

Does Al Davis have no shame???????

They should have taken their loses back when fat boy held out going into the regular season back when Russell was a rookie.

Or have the raiders withdrawal from the NFL and join the arena football league.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    AL Davis has recently said "The Greatness Of The Raiders Will Continue". An incorrect statement from a man who needs to [but won't] step away from control of the day to day operations of the team.

It must be very difficult for him to see his beloved team be so bad, year after year.

Of course for me, I do not mind at all seeing the Raiders lose 3 out of every 4 games (25 and 76 out of the last 101 games for the Raiders have been losses, the most recent being yesterday's fiasco against the G-men)image

I just can not let go of the Raiders stomping on the Broncos so badly in the 1960's and 1970's. I know I should, but I just can't.

I wonder if Tom Cable will be head coach at the end of the season? Possible felony charges for hitting his assistant coach and what looks to be another long losing season may result in Al Davis replacing Cable before the end of the season.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

"This is a guy that I had targeted a month ago," Cable said. "He's the one guy who's made everyone better around him. We needed the ability to throw the ball over people's head and JaMarcus has obviously shown he can out-throw most everything. This is a guy now who can go run that down and catch it."/s/ JackWESQ >>

That's too funny. They needed a speedster WR to be able to catch up to Russell's poorly thrown deep balls.
  • Options
    Per SI's Peter King ...

<< <i>JaMarcus Russell has such terrible pocket awareness. It's like he's playing quarterback for the first time. He is so unaware of rushers around him -- like he has no peripheral vision. And quarterbacks are supposed to have clocks in their heads, telling them how long they can hold onto the ball. Russell's clock needs batteries. He is powerfully ill-equipped to be a starting NFL quarterback. >>

I don't agree with everything King says, but I like what he says about Russell; especially about being "powerfully ill-equipped."

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    In a word, awesome!

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    ahhh yes, another stellar effort........6/11.....2 int's.....He seems to have forgotten how to play QB.

I see Gradkowski got some action.

After this performance, the biggest question is............................................................wait for it...................................

.......................how did they beat the Eagles??????
  • Options
    I think Al Davis would burn his whole organization to the ground then admit Russell was a mistake. They have no backup plan. They should get a veteran QB for the rest of the season and try and draft someone else this year.
  • Options
    Yesterday's game was blacked out locally, but after the game local media interviewed Raider players after the geame, including JaMarcus Russell.

I did not wee all of it, but he was on the defensive and made comments deflecting the poor state of the Raiders from him. To the extent that he meant he is not the sole reason the Raiders are so awful, he is correct.

However, an NFL QB is like the President of the USA. You get blamed for things that are not your fault and you get praised for things that you have nothing to do with.

Russell is in dire need of a change of scenery. Maybe if he goes to another team he can be taken out of the spotlight and given a chance to prove he can be a successful QB. However he may not get the chance soon; and even if he does get a chance, he may just be another Ryan Leaf.
  • Options
    I was actually happy they took Russell instead of Quinn over Megatron. He just doesn't play with any sense of urgency and simply put- it's been tough to watch and he looks clueless, but they've got to play Russell the rest of the year no matter how bad he is to see if he can show any glimpse of hope. If there's no hope with his play then they've got to seriously think about taking Bradford, McCoy, or whatever QB might grade out as #1 pick material. Not sure what free agent QBs that could be available, but I'd rather see them go the way of the draft over free agency.
    Looking for low #'d 2006 Marques Hagans + 1991 Wild Card stripes of UVA players - Tony Covington, Shawn Moore, Herman Moore
  • Options
    .......and after throwing several passes at the feet of his receivers......he's benched! (this sunday)
  • Options
    Cable is trying to save his own job so letting Russell play like he was for the rest of the season wasn't an option.

Back to square 1 for the Raiders at QB